With a full range of professional features and the innovative NeoTec rapid opening and closing mechanism, the 458B is geared for the professional photographer on location. The Manfrotto 458B features the innovative NeoTec rapid opening and closing mechanism. The legs open up by simply pulling down on each one, and automatically lock into any position, with no screws, knobs or levers to tighten. By pressing the release button at the top of the legs the legs can be collapsed again fully, or locked at any intermediate point for perfect positioning. And this innovative mechanism exerts more locking power the heavier the weight pushing down on it from above.
Other professional features include improved minimum-maximum height range, two section center column for low angle work and four leg angle positions.
- NeoTec rapid opening and closing mechanism
- Four leg angle settings (25°, 43°, 73° & 90°)
- Two-part center column allows for low angle use without having to remove the camera or reverse the column
- Top casting allows for horizontal use of the center column, for macro or unusual angles
- Carrying strap can be used to support a counterweight
The Manfrotto 322RC2 Grip Action Ball Head offers the versatility of a ball head , with true ergonomic control.
The 322RC2 is unique in that it allows the camera mounting assembly to be positioned for left or right hand operation, in horizontal or vertical position, and in addition, will allow you to unblock, move, position and lock your camera with one hand in one position. This is due to the revolutionary design of its grip handle which incorporates the ball lock lever. The very act of taking your hand away from the grip locks the head into position, which eliminates the extra step of having to tighten a knob or lever before being ready to shoot. The tension of the ball can be adjusted to accommodate the load weight.
This head is not suitable for continuous tracking of moving subjects, it is not practical since one must always grip the lever to release the ball and thus your hand would tire after prolonged use.
An ideal head for action or wedding and portrait photographers.
- Fast, one-handed positioning
- Customizable for left or right-handed use, horizontal or vertical
- Optional 322RA adapter or 341 Junior Elbow bracket allow camera to be centered over tripod in horizontal and vertical axes