The Leica APO-Macro-Summarit-S 120mm f/2.5 Lens is a superior-quality close-up lens with a reproduction scale of 1:2 and a high-speed telephoto. This reference-class lens, with special grades of glass and aspherical surfaces, displays consistently high image performance utilizing an inner focusing system with a floating element.
This lens is suited for many applications due to its superb close-up and telephoto capabilities. It displays maximum performance even at full aperture settings. Vignetting, distortion and chromatic aberrations have been minimized to such a high degree that the need for quality-degrading image corrections and simplifying digital post-processing is substantially reduced.
It has its own Leica-designed microprocessor for precise autofocus and iris diaphragm control with silent gearing and it has a focus ring with enough drag to let the user to override the autofocus at any time.
- This lens is designed with special grades of glass and aspherical surfaces.
- S-bayonet mount ensures rapid and precise digital exchange of data and commands between the camera and lens.
- Lens has its own Leica-designed microprocessor for precise autofocus and iris diaphragm control.
- Generous focus ring with just the right amount of drag, letting the photographer override the autofocus at any time.
- The lens is produced to extremely narrow tolerances, with each lens centered by hand, guaranteeing superior quality and optical performance.
Leica APO-Macro-Summarit-S 120mm f/2.5 Lens (for Leica S System)