- 24MP Full Frame Leica Max CMOS Sensor
- Leica Maestro Image Processor
- 3.0" LCD with 920,000 pixels
- Full HD 1080p Video
- Live View and Rangefinder Focusing
- ISO Sensitivity to 6400
- Fits Leica M-series Lenses
- R-series Lenses Fit M Body via R-adapter
- Durable, Splash Protected Body
- Revised Ergonomics and Controls
|Voigtlander VM 35mm f/1.7 Ultron Aspherical Lens (Silver) (Voigtlander Malaysia)
RM4,620.00 RM4,399.00 |Voigtlander Bessa R2A (0.7 Viewfinder) 35mm Rangefinder Manual Focus Camera Body - Matte Black
RM3,000.00 RM2,850.00 |Voigtlander M to Micro Four Third Adapter
RM800.00 RM700.00 |Leica M9 Rangefinder Digital Camera (Black) (Body Only - Lens is NOT Included)
|Voigtlander Nokton 10.5mm f/0.95 Lens for Micro Four Thirds
RM5,060.00 RM4,789.00 |Voigtlander LH-28N Lens Hood for Voigtlander 28mm f3.5 Color-Skopar SLII N lens
RM372.00 RM335.00 |Leica M9 Rangefinder Digital Camera (Steel Grey) (Body Only - Lens is NOT Included)
RM26,780.00 RM23,850.00 |Leica M9-P Digital Camera (Black Paint, Body Only)
RM29,999.00 RM22,500.00 |
The M Digital Rangefinder Camera (Black) from Leica is a compact full-frame (24 x 36mm sensor) digital camera. As part of the Leica M-series, it is directly compatible with Leica M-series lenses and by utilizing the Leica R-adapter, is compatible with Leica R-series lenses. The Leica Max 24MP CMOS sensor and Leica Maestro Image Processor were developed together at Leica and produce richly detailed, low-noise images. The integrated imaging electronics provide particularly fast start-up and response times and the powerful image processor consumes minimal power while offering high speed performance. In combination with the new Lithium-ion battery, this allows for long battery life on a single charge.
The Leica M offers both rangefinder focusing through the optical viewfinder and Live View focusing and preview on the 3.0" LCD or an optional electronic viewfinder. The rangefinder provides fast and clear focusing with LED settings and the Live View offers Live View Zoom which magnifies the image 10x for precise focus and Live View Focus Peaking which displays a red contour highlighting on the image for accurate focus assessment.
The Leica M is also the first M series camera to offer Full HD 1080p video. Shoot videos with the "Leica Look" using any Leica M or R mount lens and preview and playback on the 3.0" 920,00-dot LCD or an optional electronic viewfinder. Shoot your videos in Live View mode to see them exactly as they will appear. A dedicated button will activate video mode in just one touch and manual exposure control allows for custom video capture. An optional microphone adapter set will record stereo audio with your videos.
A dual type focal plane shutter controls exposure and a new ergonomic design places buttons and dials in convenient locations on the camera body. An intuitive menu design offers a clear overview of all camera settings and user profiles can save personalized settings for easy set-up. Leica cameras are built to last and the M features a one piece full-metal body with solid brass top and base plates. Rubber seals protect against moisture and dust and the LCD monitor screen is made of scratch-resistant Corning 'Gorilla' glass.
The Leica M brings together 50 years of rangefinder design experience with state-of-the-art digital technology and an array of precise, compatible lenses to create an innovative, versatile and durable digital camera system that will provide high quality still and video images over a lifetime of use.
- 24MP CMOS Sensor
- A newly designed high-resolution, 24MP CMOS sensor in full 35mm format provides top-notch image quality. Its intelligent design and flat pixel architecture enables each individual pixel to gather a particularly large amount of light. This results in images of superior sharpness and maximum resolution. The new M delivers extremely low-noise and richly detailed images, even at higher sensitivities of up to ISO 6400.
- Leica Maestro Image Processor
- In conjunction with the new sensor, the Leica Maestro processor provides fast image-processing speed. The energy-efficient imaging electronics of the processor and sensor equals improved lasting power for a single charge of the Leica M's new 1800 mAh lithium-ion battery.
- Lens Compatibility
- The new CMOS sensor is designed and constructed for the use of both Leica M and R lenses on the Leica M camera. With the new Leica R-Adapter, almost all Leica-R legacy lenses can be used on the Leica M.
- Live View Capability and 3.0" LCD Display
- The new Leica M is the first ever M to feature Live View and Live View Focusing. Images can be composed using the actual image produced by the lens - with complete control of depth of field, exposure, precise framing and focusing. The high-resolution 3.0" LCD monitor with 920,000 pixels allows precise assessment of the subject seen through the lens. Previously confined by rangefinder limitations, Live View opens up entirely new opportunities for M-series users, like macro and telephoto exposures, or using the monitor as a viewfinder.Live View can be used with both M and R lenses. It also enables owners of R lenses to use the optional Visoflex EVF2 electronic viewfinder. The Leica M can be used with an R-Adapter, R-Lenses and a viewfinder exactly like an SLR, without using the monitor.
- Live View Zoom and Focus Peaking
- The new Live View Zoom enables up to 10x magnification of the Live View display for precise focusing on fine details. Live View Focus Peaking is an automatic highlighting of image contours in red color to provide convenient focus control. This contour display enables precise assessment of focusing accuracy. Depending on the situation or the photographer's preferences, M camera users can now choose between several focusing options.
- Optical Viewfinder
- The Optical Viewfinder is a large, bright-line rangefinder with automatic parallax compensation and LED-illuminated frame lines. Frame lines size matches image sensor size at 6.6' (2 m) focusing distance. Viewfinder magnification is 0.68x and the eyepiece is adjusted to -0.5 dpt. Optional corrective lenses from -3 to +3 dpt. are available.
The Optical Viewfinder has a four-digit, seven-segment LED digital display with brightness adapter. An LED symbol displays for flash status and warnings in case of exposure correction. It also displays automatic shutter speed in automatic mode, and an advisory indicating use of metering memory lock with manual exposure setting.
- Split or superimposed image rangefinder shown as a bright field in the center of the viewfinder image. Rangefinder effective metering basis is 47.1 mm (mechanical metering basis 69.25 mm x viewfinder magnification of 0.68x).
- Full HD 1080p Video
- This Leica M is the first M series camera to have Full HD 1080p video with rangefinder or Live View focusing. Videos with Full HD 1080p video capture are designed to have the "Leica Look". A dedicated button starts video shooting with one touch.
- Ergonomic Controls and Intuitive Menu
- The control features of the Leica M offer intuitive handling, direct manual setting options, and rapid access to all the important photographic functions. In addition to manual focusing, direct aperture and shutter speed setting options, the combination of an ergonomically-positioned control wheel on the top plate and intuitivemenu navigation are the basis of the Leica M operating concept. The newly-designed anduser-friendly menu interface displayed on the large rear LCD provides a clear overviewof all camera settings at all times. The video and Live View features, and the newfocus functions, each have their own controls. The new focus button on the front of thecamera allows selection of Live View Zoom and Live View Focus Peaking, as well as fast andeasy exposure corrections in combination with the control wheel. ISO sensitivity settings arealso controlled by a dedicated button. The Leica M also features an ergonomically formed thumb rest at the top-right end of the top plate. This ensures ideal grip and stability ineven the most demanding shooting situations.
- Exposure Metering
- In classic viewfinder mode: Through the Lens (TTL) metering, center weighted with variable aperture.
In Live View and advanced viewfinder mode: Through the Lens (TTL) metering, center weighted, spot or multifield
- Exposure Bracketing
- Exposure Bracketing of 3 or 5 frames at 0.5, 1, 2 and 3 f-stops
- ISO Sensitivity
- Enhanced ISO sensitivity range up to ISO 6400
- Resilient Construction
- The Leica M is built with maximum stability and tight sealing. Its cap and base plates are machined from solid brass, and its full-metal body is manufactured in one piece from high-strength magnesium alloy. Specially designed rubber seals protect the camera body against dust and water spray. A milled brass top cover contains an integrated thumb rest.The glass covering plate of its high-resolution LCD is manufactured from particularly tough and scratch-resistant Corning 'Gorilla' glass. The tripod thread is a 1/4" DIN made of stainless steel and the body is wrapped by a synthetic leather covering.
- Long Battery Life
- The new lithium-ion battery (1800 mAh) in the Leica M means long shootingsessions without having to recharge or change the battery. Thanks to thehigh-performance rechargeable battery, energy-saving exposure metering electronics, the Leica Maestro Image Processor and the new sensor, a single charge provides a large number of exposures, particularly useful when shooting in remote locations.
- User Profiles
- Up to four sets of camera and exposure settings can be saved under a user-selected profile name and rapidly retrieved whenever required. For added convenience, these profiles can be saved to an SD card.
- Other Functions
- Film Emulation Modes, Saturation, Contrast, Sharpening
- Menu Languages
- English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese
- New Optional Accessories
- Electronic Viewfinder (EVF-2), Multi-functional Handgrip M; Handgrip M; SCA Adapter Set for Multi-functional Handgrip M; Power Adapter for Multi-functional Handgrip M; Finger loop for Multi-functional Handgrip M, Sizes S,M,L; Leica Microphone Adapter Set; Leica M-AdapterR; Ever-Ready Case M; Li-ion Battery BP-SCL2; Battery charger BC-SCL2
|Camera Type ||Compact digital view and rangefinder system still and video camera |
|Lens Mount ||Leica M bayonet with additional sensor for 6-bit coding |
|Lens system ||Leica M lenses, Leica R lenses with optional Leica R-Adapter M |
|Hardware Top Cover Material ||Milled brass top cover with integrated thumb rest All metal case made of die-cast magnesium; synthetic leather covering. Cap and base plate made of brass |
|Image Sensor ||Leica MAX 24 MP CMOS Sensor |
|Number of effective pixels ||24 million pixels |
|Sensitivity range ||ISO 200 - ISO 6400, Pull 50 available, Auto ISO |
|Imaging Platform ||Integrated imaging circuit with Leica Maestro Image Processor |
|Electronic Viewfinder ||Optional available, can be used with Live View and Play functionality |
|LCD Monitor ||3" TFT Display with 920,000 pixels, scratch resistant cover glass |
|Shutter ||Dual type focal plane shutter for classic image exposure and Live view |
|Shutter speed ||1 / 4000s - 125s (in Bulb), 1/180s flash synchronization |
|Burst rate ||3fps |
|Self timer ||2s / 12s |
|Storage media ||SD / SDHC / SDXC Memory Cards |
|Image file format ||DNG (RAW data uncompressed or lossless compressed), JPEG |
|JPEG Resolutions ||5952px3976px (24 MP), 4256px2832px (12 MP)/2976px1984px (6 MP)/1600PX 1080PX (1.7 MP) |
|Color spaces ||sRGB / Adobe RGB |
|White balance ||Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shadow / Tungsten / Fluorescent warm / Fluorescent cool / Flash / Manual (Grey card) /Kelvin 2000-13100 |
|Other functions ||Film modes, saturation, contrast, sharpening, shadow brightening |
|Movie recording ||Single frame video recording (Motion JPG), Quicktime format (mov) |
|Movie resolution ||1080p, 720p, 640480 (VGA) |
|Movie sampling rate ||25 fps, 24 fps, 30 fps (VGA only) |
|Microphone ||Mono, stereo microphone adapter optional available |
|Audio recording ||Auto level adjustment, manual level adjustment (available while recording), concert preset |
|Exposure metering ||In classic viewfinder mode: through the lens (TTL) metering, center-weighted with variable aperture In live view and advanced viewfinder mode: Through The Lens (TTL) metering, center weighted, spot or multi-field measuring Center-weighted TTL metering for flash exposure with system-conformant SC-3000/2 standard flash units |
|Exposure setting ||Manual shutter speed setting with direct dial, A-Mode with direct dial |
|Exposure modes ||Automatic shutter speed (A-mode), Manual Exposure (M-Mode) |
|Exposure compensation ||-3EV to ± 3EV, 1/3 f-stops |
|Exposure bracketing ||3 / 5 frames, 0.5 / 1/ 2/ 3 f-stops |
|Flash exposure meeting ||Control with center-weighted TTL pre-flash metering (with SCA - 3501 / 3502 adapter, or SCA-3000 standard flash unit such as Leica SF 24D / Leica SF 58 |
|Hot shoe ||SCA-3502 compatible hot shoe, with center contact |
|Flash synchronization ||Optional triggered at first or second shutter curtain |
|Flash sync time ||1 / 180 s |
|Focusing methods ||Manual focus with optional rangefinder, Live View, 100% Live View Zoom, Live View focus peaking, viewfinder focus confirmation |
|Optical viewfinder ||Large, light bright-line rangefinder with automatic parallax compensation, LED illuminated frame lines |
|Optical viewfinder frame lines ||Frame lines size matches image sensor size at 2m (6.5') focusing distance |
|Optical viewfinder correction ||Eyepiece adjusted to -0.5 dpt. Corrective lenses from -3 to +3 dpt. Available (optional) |
|Optical viewfinder magnification ||0.68x |
|Optical viewfinder displays ||In the viewfinder LED symbol for flash status (at bottom), four-digit seven-segment LED digital display, brightness adapted to ambient conditions for: Warning in case of exposure correction; display for automatic shutter speed in automatic mode; advisory indicating use of metering memory lock. LED exposure monitor with two triangular and one central circular LED with manual exposure setting and for focus confirmation |
|Rangefinder ||Split or superimposed image range finder shown as a bright field in the center of the viewfinder image |
|Rangefinder effective metering basis ||47.1 mm (mechanical metering basis 69.25 mm x viewfinder magnification 0.68 times) |
|Start up time ||< 1s |
|Power supply ||Li-ion battery (included), 7.4 V, 1800 mAh |
|Horizon ||Yes |
|Sensor cleaning ||Dust detection, manual cleaning function |
|Operating Temperature ||0deg.C - 40deg.C |
|Tripod Thread ||A 1/4 (1/4") DIN made of stainless steel in base plate |
|Dimensions ||139 x 42 x 80mm (5.47 x 1.65 x 3.14") |
|Weight ||680g (23.9oz)|
Leica M Digital Rangefinder Camera (Black)
- Battery Charger
- 12V Charging Cable
- Carrying Strap
- Accessory Port Cover
- Body Cap
- Adobe Lightroom Free Download