The brightest lens available for any interchangeable lens camera system today, the Leica 50mm f/0.95 Noctilux-M works with any Leica M-mount camera. Noctilux redefines the limits of available-light handheld shooting, and for some it is really a reason unto itself to shoot with the Leica M system. The Noctilux-M 50mm f/0.95 is able to create 11% more light gathering capacity without lowering the peak central resolution, compared to its predecessor, the 50mm f/1.0 lens.
The Noctilux-M f/0.95 is born to shoot at amazingly large apertures of f/1.4 and brighter. It can allow you to make pictures that other lenses, no matter the camera behind them, could never achieve. Together with the excellent high-ISO abilities of Leica M cameras, you can do things like capture an image of someone's face lit by a tiny candle or a cigarette's ember. If you can see it, you can shoot it.
Add a neutral density filter and try shooting at f/0.95 in bright daylight; imagine beach snaps where backgrounds are completely unrecognized washes of sky/water blue and sandy white blobs. It is almost like the feeling of a dream. With the Noctilux's unique capacity, you could capture a full-length picture of your friend in Times Square and perhaps not even be able to tell that they were in that immediately-recognized setting.
The Noctilux has a floating rear lens group, which aims to provide higher performance at closer focus ranges. Leica has also decreased vignetting with the Noctilux-even at f/0.95 you'll only have 1.5 stops of light loss in the image corners. Incredible images are waiting to be made by this lens.
- The brightest lens available for any interchangeable lens camera system today
- Produces the most extremely diffuse, soft backgrounds
- 11% greater light-gathering capacity than its predecessor (Noctilux-M 50mm f/1)
- Improved peak resolution over that of the Noctilux-M 50mm f/1
- Floating 2-element rear lens group retains consistent performance at closer shooting distances
- Just ~1% of maximum distortion (barrel type); nearly undetectable
- Dedicated collapsing hood
- Accepts E60 filters
- Lens mount's rear has 6-bit code allowing digital M-series cameras to identify lens and its characteristics
- Classic depth-of-field scale at rear of lens barrel