The Leica 24mm f/3.8 Elmar-M ASPH lens with its handy dimensions is distinguished by very high image quality and a very wide image angle - making it a particularly practical wide-angle lens. It is suitable for a very wide range of uses for everything from daytime reportage to landscape and travel photography.
Even at the initial f-stop of 3.8, contrast and detail rendering are already excellent. At the medium f-stops, the depth of field is so large that it can even reproduce entire scenes in sharp focus. That makes it excellent for use in combination with the snapshot mode of the LEICA M8.2.
- Used on the digital LEICA M8 models, an equivalent focal length of 32 mm is obtained due to the slightly smaller image sensor
- This extremely practical focal length enables a wide spectrum of applications extending from true-to-life portraits to landscape and architecture photography
- The LEICA ELMAR-M 24 mm f/3.8 ASPH is the ideal combination with the snap-shot mode of the new LEICA M8.2
- The initial aperture of 3.8 can be used unrestrictedly as contrast and detail rendering are already excellent at this setting
- Stopping down is practically only necessary for increasing the field depth. Stopped down to medium values, the field depth range is so great that entire landscapes will be depicted in sharp focus
- Particularly suitable for photojournalistic reportage and architecture photography when utilizing the full 24x36 mm picture format
Minimum Focus Distance
2.3' (0.7 m)
Angle of View
9.2 oz (260g)