The black Revolver-8 PL Backpack from Kata brings an innovative approach to backpacks. With its capacity for a DSLR with grip and standard lens plus four additional lenses (such as a 70-200mm f/2.8, 16-35mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.4 and 100mm macro), and up to a 15.4" laptop, the unique feature of this pack is its interior revolving lens magazine. Lenses are quickly accessed from the side with a cleverly designed spinning interior pocket. Swing the pack to the side sling-style and quickly rotate the pocket to the lens you need. This device eliminates the need to remove the entire pack, place it on the ground and remove a lens. It's a time server and helps you get the shot without delay.
The Revolver 8 is made from durable ripstop nylon and carried by its backpack straps and supported by a waist belt and sternum strap that provides added balance while out in the field. KATA's Spine Guard MK II is a foam support and that adds structural integrity to the pack and also adds to the comfort of carrying the pack. A top grab handle is also included for quick access times. The pack also has a trolley sleeve compatible with KATA's optional Insertrolley. This allows you to slip the pack over the trolley and mount it with whatever other luggage you are transporting.
Your camera can also be accessed from the top zippered compartment. The laptop is held in its own padded rear compartment. A side zippered compartment can be used for accessories or additional gear. All access to the pack is via zippers.
Your tripod can be attached to the front of the pack using the included straps. The pack comes with a rain cover that serves more than one purpose. This two sided cover can be used for sun protection and heat deflection using the gray side for sun protection using the black side for rain protection. The gray side can also be used as a reflector in the field.
The Revolver is compatible with KATA's Ergonomic Photo System that gives you the option to connect extra accessory bags to the pack. It also accepts optional KATA torso and waist packs. The Revolver 8 is backed by a 5-year warranty from KATA.
- Designed for a DSLR with grip and standard lens plus four additional lenses (70-200mm f/2.8, 16-35mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.4, 100mm macro), and up to a 15.4" laptop
- Revolving Lens Pocket
- The Revolver features a unique revolving mechanism that allows you to rapidly access lenses. Unzip the pocket, spin it to the lens you want, remove it, get the shot, replace and spin the pocket to the next desired lens
- Laptop Compartment
- This bag features a padded laptop compartment which will allow you to always have your computer at hand and easily accessible
- Elements Cover
- The provided elements cover will protect your valuable equipment during extreme weather conditions. The element cover is two sided - the black side for rain protection, the silver side for heat deflection, dust cover or even a reflector if needed
- Trolley Compatible
- This bag is compatible with a trolley (sold separately) - a simple yet ingenious system that allows you to carry the case, or even several cases at once, on a trolley. Simply slide the trolley through the integrated sleeve for secure and easy mobility. You can detach the trolley when you want to store it, or for maintenance
- EPH System Compatible
- This bag is compatible with the Kata Ergonomic Photo System which will allow you to connect additional bags for extra carrying possibilities. You can add backpacks, torso packs or waist packs to any of your Kata EPH system compatible bags
- Spine Guard MK II
- The specially formed foam vertebrae Spine Guard provides ultimate structural protection
- Carry-On Form Factor
- FAA and airline carry-on specifications are subject to change without notice, please check with your airline before designating this case as a carry-on item. Most airlines require carry-on items to have an external linear measurement that is equal to or less than 45.0" (114.3 cm). The external dimensions of this case add up to 42.1" (106.9 cm)
Kata Revolver-8 PL Backpack (Black)