The black KT PL-RPT-10 Reporter BagIT-10 from Kata Bags is a sleek, trim and efficient bag for anyone in the field on a constant basis. It's rated to hold gear such as a Canon 5D with a 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM, Canon Speedlite 550EX, 2 additional lenses, such as Canon 24-70 mm f/2.8 and 16-35mm f/2.8L plus an iPad.. The bag contains a separate compartment for your computer. Constructed of durable EVA (Ethyl Vinyl Acetate and EPE (polyethylene), the bag is meant to to suit the needs of the hardworking reporter/photojournalist.
The spine of the bag is foam encased to help with shock-absorption - a real benefit for when you're working in a crowd. Even the bottom of the bag has been supplied with Kata's Toblerone's that guard the bag from the potential damage from ground impact. They also keep the bag off the ground giving the bag extra protection against ground water. The interior is customizable with Kata's movable Aeriform dividers that permits you to configure the "guts" of the bag to accommodate the gear you carry on any given day. The internal removable padding also gives you the flexibility to determine how rigid you want the bag to be.
The bag is accessed via its front protective flap that contains dual quick release buckles and a top zipper. Use both opening methods together for maximum security or individually to suit your shooting style. Leave the zipper open and just use the flap for rapid access to the bag or lock the flap while leaving the zipper open for another method of quick access.
It's carried by its shoulder strap or detachable top carry handle. The click handles provide a firm grip and are comfortable in your hand. In addition, the bag can be used in conjunction with Kata's optional Insertrolley that will permit you to toss the bag over the trolley using the built-in sleeves on the back of the bag. This makes for easier navigating through crowded airports and parking lots.
For even more convenience and customization, the bag uses Kata's optional Modi-Vers dividers that can be cut to conform to whatever size you need inside the bag. In this way, you can tailor-make your bag to fit certain gear. It's yellow color makes for easier location of gear when the light is marginal.
The handy elements cover can be quickly deployed when the weather turns against you. This cover serves multiple purposes with the black side for rain protection and the silver side for heat deflection. Furthermore, the silver side can be used as a quick reflector when you're in the field doing a portrait. As a final touch, the front organizer pockets are used to hold your small stuff like pens, cell phone, note pad, lens caps or business cards.
- Located on the bottom and dangerous spots of the bag, the Toblerones will protect your case from bumps, tears and sudden shock by absorbing any accidental impact. Additionally, the Toblerone can elevate the bag above standing water or wet spots, keeping your case dry
- Elements Cover
- The provided elements cover will protect your valuable equipment during extreme weather conditions. The element cover is two sided - the black side for rain protection, the silver side for heat deflection, dust cover or even a reflector if needed
- Laptop Compartment
- This bag features a padded laptop compartment which will allow you to always have your computer at hand and easily accessible
- Click Handles
- Kata's patented handles have been designed and field-tested for sure grip and optimal comfort. For heavier and wider bags, the left side of the handle locks to the right side of the handle for added security
- Insertrolley Compatible
- This bag is compatible with the optional Kata Insertrolley (KT VG-DTS) - a simple yet ingenious system that allows you to carry the case, or even several cases at once, on a trolley. Simply slide the trolley through the integrated sleeve on any of Kata's compatible cases for secure and easy mobility. Even for larger cases - Kata's extendable wheel system helps to improve stabilization. You can detach the trolley when you want to store it, or for maintenance
- Modi-Vers Compatible
- This bag is customizable through the use of the optional Modi-Vers divider system (KT VG-MDK). This allows you to fully customize your bag to protect and fit your gear. You can cut custom dividers to fit whatever size you need to keep your equipment snug. The yellow material makes it easy to find even the smallest components and accessories
- Spine Guard
- Specially formed foam encasing a spring steel spine will protect your gear by absorbing the shock from incidental impact
- Shoulder Strap
- This bag comes with it's own shoulder strap, designed specifically for it by Kata. You can upgrade the included strap to the optional GSS strap (KT VG-604-DH)
- Aeriform Foam
- For unique combination of light weight and protective material, Kata developed the Aeriform Foam. It's a perforated, laminated and reinforced foam of EVA (Ethylene vinyl acetate) and EPE (Polyethylene) materials. The result is super-light foam that keep your gear protected
- Carry-On Form Factor
- FAA and airline carry-on specifications are subject to change without notice, please check with your airline before designating this case as a carry-on item. Most airlines require carry-on items to have an external linear measurement that is equal to or less than 45.0" (114.3 cm). The external dimensions of this case add up to 31.1" (79.0 cm)
Kata KT PL-RPT-10 Reporter BagIT-10 (Black)