The Hoya Introductory Filter Kit is a general purpose starter kit.
Ultraviolet (UV) Filter
Hoya Haze (UV) Filters are wise investments. They help protect your valuable investment from dust, moisture and scratches, which can lead to costly repairs.
Circular Polarizing Filter
Light rays which are reflected become polarized. Polarizing filters are used to select which light rays enter your camera lens. They can remove unwanted reflections from non-metallic surfaces such as water or glass and also saturate colors providing better contrast. The effect can be seen through the viewfinder and changed by rotating the filter. The filter factor varies according to how the filter is rotated and its orientation to the sun.
Warming Filter (Intensifier)
The Hoya Warming filter controls the bluish coloration that affects daylight film. They can also remove excessive blue from the effects of electronic flash. Reduces blue to green color and makes the color of human skin look more sun-tanned. Combination with Pro 1UV filter is recommended for outdoor shooting.
Note! Circular polarizers are specifically designed for use with auto-focus SLR cameras (They will also work on manual systems and video cameras).
- If desired they can be left on the lens at all times for protection
- Haze filters provide additional benefits of correction for Ultraviolet(UV) light which can register on film and videotape as a bluish cast and can obscure distant details
- Ultraviolet filters allow you to correct for the UV effect to varying degrees
Circular Polarizing Filters
- This filter eliminates ultraviolet rays to remove haze from outdoor shots as well as polarizing the light to remove reflections, and increase color saturation, without affecting the overall color balance
- Works on the blue/green end of spectrum to give subjects a "warmer", healthier, more tanned look
Type Filter Introduction Kit Grade Not applicable Filter Factor UV = 0 Circular Polarizer = Between 2.3 and 2.8 (approx. +1.3 stops) Warming Intensifier = Not specified Multi-Coated No Rotating Circular Polarizing filter rotates Effect UV = eliminates UV haze in the atmosphere Circular Polarizer = Removes reflections and increases color saturation without affecting the overall color balance Warming Intensifier = Reduces blue/green end of spectrum and gives subjects a slightly more tanned appearance Application Nature, Scenics, Portraits Color Temperature UV = No effect Circular Polarizer = Not applicable Warming Intensifier = not specified Construction Glass