Gitzo GT2540LLVL Leveling 6X Carbon Fiber Tripod Legs - Supports 26.5 lbs (12kg)
The Gitzo GT2540LLVL Leveling 6X Carbon Fiber Tripod uses advanced "Carbon 6X" carbon fiber material for its leg construction. This improved tubing is stronger, lighter and as resistant as its 12 layer predecessor. Carbon "6X" is manufactured using a complex, 3-D process weaving 6 layers of carbon fiber into smooth, solid constructed tubes.
This Leveling tripod has a ball joint-mounted center column designed to let you get your camera perfectly level simply by adjusting the column inclination, instead of having to set each leg individually.
The GT2540LVL is a remarkably rigid 4 leg-section tripod that offers eye-level shooting, and is capable of holding most camcorders, 35mm or medium format gear and even most lighter field 4x5 cameras.
- Anti-Rotation Leg (ALR) System
- The Anti-Rotation Leg (ALR) system makes it quick and easy to open and close the tripod. Simply turn all of the locking rings at once and the whole leg can be pulled out in seconds.
- The G-Lock mechanism has been completely redesigned in order to achieve a 20% increase in rigidity, faster operation and stronger, safer locking. G-Lock's special design also provides a "gravity lock" effect: the higher the load applied vertically to the leg, the stronger the lock.
- This feature allows you to remove the center column to save weight and get the camera closer to the ground. The upper disk is removed from the center column and inserted directly into the upper casting using the column hook. No tools required.
- This tripod has been improved with a third ultra-low leg spread to take full advantage of the Ground Level Set.
- The Power Disc features two locking screws, one directly for the column and one for the head. This assures a rock solid connection of the whole system. This machined aluminum disc also includes the Safe Lock material, which cuts down on vibrations.
- 1mm Gitzo 6X Carbon Fiber Tube
- Gitzo was able to develop a six-crossed multilayer carbon fiber 30 percent lighter than the previous 1.5mm generation that features the same exceptional performance of stability and vibration absorption and unbeatable quality.
- Leveling feature allows for instant, precise leveling, making it perfect for shooting digital photography on uneven terrain.
- Redesigned built-in, self-locking spring-loaded retractable hook on the bottom of the center column provides a place to hang a stabilizing counterweight such as camera, sand or water bags.
- Removable self-locking rubber leg tips are interchangeable with Gitzo universal accessories such as the big foot, long spike, etc.
|Load Capacity || 26.5 lbs (12kg) |
|Head Attachment Fitting || 1/4"-20 & 3/8"-16 (reversible stud) |
|Maximum Height || 67.7" (172cm) |
|Maximum Height w/o Column Extended || 59.4" (151cm) |
|Minimum Height || 6.3" (16cm) |
|Folded Length || 24" (61cm) |
|Weight || 3.7 lbs (1.660kg) |
|Material || 6 layer carbon fiber |
|Leg Stages/Sections || 3/4 |
|Leg Lock Type || Twist |
|Independent Leg Spread || Yes |
|Spiked/Retractable Feet || No (optional) |
|Center Brace || No |
|Center Column Type || Sliding Leveling column |
|Center Column Sections || 1 |
Login to get access to Q&A