The Gitzo GT2531LVL Leveling 6X Carbon Fiber Tripod uses advanced "Carbon 6X" carbon fiber material for its leg construction. This improved tubing is stronger, lighter and as resistant as its 12 layer predecessor. Carbon "6X" is manufactured using a complex, 3-D process weaving 6 layers of carbon fiber into smooth, solid constructed tubes.
This Leveling tripod has a ball joint-mounted center column designed to let you get your camera perfectly level simply by adjusting the column inclination, instead of having to set each leg individually.
The GT2941LLVL is a remarkably rigid 3 leg-section tripod that offers a standard shooting height, and is capable of holding most camcorders, 35mm or medium format gear and even most lighter field 4x5 cameras.
- GROUND LEVEL SET - This new feature allows you to remove the center column to save weight and get the camera closer to the ground. Uses existing components: the upper disc with reversible 1/4 - 3/8 bolt and the column hook assembly: Remove column and fix the disk directly to the upper casting using the column hook. No tools needed.
- G-LOCK - G-Lock is the new Gitzo leg locking system. The locking mechanism has been completely redesigned in order to achieve a 20% increase in rigidity, faster operation and stronger, safer locking. G-Lock’s special design also provides a “gravity lock” effect: the higher the load applied vertically to the leg, the stronger the lock.
- RAPID COLUMN - The center column locking collar above the tripod shoulder makes it easier to adjust the column quickly. Series 1 and above are built with an anti-rotation grooved center column for improved stability.
- REVERSIBLE COLUMN - The rapid column can easily be inverted for an alternative shooting angle or low level macro work.
- HOOK - This built-in accessory allows you to hang a stabilizingweight (e.g. a full camera bag or a sand/water bag) fromthe bottom of the tripod center column. Useful with longheavy lenses, on uneven ground or in windy conditions.
- LEG ENDS - All tripods and monopods in Series 1 and above are provided with removable rubber feet. This feature allows you to easily change worn out rubber feet or to fit other accessories, such as spiked feet or snow/sand shoes. (4 sections tripods in Series 1 are excluded because the final leg section is too narrow to fit these ends).
- POWER DISC - The new tripod upper disc is called “Power Disc”. It is made of machined solid aluminum and it now features two locking screws, one to lock the head, the other to safely lock the disc onto the column. The “Power Disc” gives a rock solid connection of the whole system for additional safety and stability.
|Maximum height with extended center column || 158 cm |
|Leg sections || 3 |
|Weight || 1.6 kg |
| Minimum height ||16 cm |
| Column type || rapid |
| Close height ||64 cm |
| Minimum height || 138 cm |
| Max load capacity || 12 kg |