The Fujifilm M Mount Adapter for X-Pro1 allows M mount lenses to be used on the Fujifilm X-Pro1 camera, which has an X mount. Leica, Zeiss and Voigtlander all make some of their lenses with M mounts. (Please click on Specifications tab for lens compatibility.)
The adapter is designed in three parts: an aluminum mount for the body, a stainless steel mount for the lens, and an aluminum central tube. Such a design maintains a 27.8mm distance from the lens mount to the sensor, allowing thus high quality image capture.
On the camera side of the adapter is a group of electronic contacts that automatically pass information to the X-Pro1 based on pre-registered lens profiles. With firmware version 1.10 or later, this information is transmitted by pressing the Function button on the side of the adapter, which allows users to access the Mount Adapter Settings menu on the rear LCD of the X-Pro1.
The Adapter comes with a gauge made of resin for checking the compatibility of M Mount lenses with the adapter. (Some lenses may not be suitable for the adapter even if the gauge indicates them to be compatible.)
- The Adapter features an array of signal contacts on the camera end and a Function button on the side of the adapter.
- When the camera body recognizes the signal contacts of the Adapter, the "Shoot Without Lens" mode is activated automatically.
- Users do not have to go to the MENU screen in order to change this setting, enabling them to start shooting instantly.
- Pressing the Function button brings up the Mount Adapter Setting mode instantaneously. This provides ease of operation when registering a new lens to use, entering its settings or changing a lens.
High Precision Design
- The Adapter is designed to maintain the flange back distance of 27.8mm for high precision M mount lenses with advanced planarity.
- It is constructed using a three-part structure that employs optimum materials for each of the components.
- The contact surface with M mount lenses features the same high quality stainless steel finish as that used on the X mount camera body, while the contact surface with the camera body uses an aluminum component similar to that used in XF lenses.
- The middle section is made of aluminum to achieve an all-metal construction for a high level of rigidity and durability.
Image Corrections and Focal Length Settings
- The camera body has four preset focal lengths (21mm, 24mm, 28mm and 35mm) and can store two additional focal lengths. For each of the six focal lengths, users can define three image correction settings (distortion, peripheral illumination and color shading).
- Users can fine-tune "distortion", "peripheral illumination" and "color shading" according to individual lens characteristics. This feature allows users to correct images according to each lens's optical profile, or opt for settings that accentuate a particular lens characteristic in order to enjoy a unique image quality and style.
- A Distortion Correction function corrects distortion, prominent on the edges of the frame. It is designed to correct "barrel distortion" typically seen with wide angle lenses and "pincushion distortion" common with telephoto lenses. Users may select three levels of correction ("Strong", "Medium", "Weak") or "OFF" for both "barrel distortion" and "pincushion distortion".
- A Peripheral Illumination Correction function corrects peripheral illumination, i.e. darkening of the four corners of an image. Users can opt to darken the periphery on purpose to highlight the photo subject at the center in order to enjoy unique image description and flavor. The correction can be applied on the scale of 11 levels from -5 to +5 (including 0).
- A Color Shading Correction function: "Color shading" is a gradual shift of color between the center and periphery of an image. This "color shading" function can correct the four corners separately. -Red / Cyan... The red / cyan color shading is corrected between -9 and +9 relative to the green channel. -Blue / Yellow...The blue / yellow color shading is corrected between -9 and +9 relative to the green channel.
- These image correction functions are only applied to taken photos. Live images on the LCD monitor and those viewed through EVF will not be presented as corrected images.
Fujifilm M Mount Adapter for X-Pro1
- Gauge for Confirming Lens Compatibility
- Owner's Manual