The 4 x 4" Neutral Density (ND) 0.6 Polyester Filter from Lee offers the possibility to achieve otherwise unachievable results. It enables the shooter to adjust exposure without affecting color balance. An ND filter appears gray and reduces the amount of light reaching either the sensor of a digital camera or the film plane of a traditional film camera.
A Neutral Density filter is used to create some unusual special effects such as capturing the "blur" of the rippling water of a waterfall or the swirling effect of city traffic. Since it allows the use of slower shutter speeds in bright light, it becomes possible to create these special effects that would normally not be possible to capture without the filter. And, since it can also help to control your depth of field, it permits you to shoot at wider apertures. Ultimately, its value is in helping to prevent bright, overly washed out images shot in bright light.
Since 1978, Lee filters have been world recognized in the photo, video, TV and cinematic industries. They make a wide variety of filters for all lighting and shooting scenarios. All their filters are handmade and inspected to the highest standards. If you mention the word "Lee" to anyone who knows anything about photography, they will immediately know you are using quality products.
- Lee polyester filters are made from lightweight, optical polymeric materials and are available in 3 x 3" (75 x 75 mm) and 4 x 4" (100 x 100 mm)
Neutral Density Filters Have Four Main Uses
- To enable slow shutter speeds to be used, especially with high speed ISOs, to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, or cars
- To decrease depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used, which helps separate subjects from their background
- To decrease the effective ISO of high speed film (above ISO 400) and allow it to be used outdoors in bright situation
- To allow cine and video cameras (which have fixed shutter speeds) to film subjects such as snow, sand or other bright scenes which could cause overexposure
LEE Filters 4 x 4" Neutral Density (ND) 0.6 Polyester Filter
- Warranted Against Manufacturer's Defects