Cokin Z-PRO Grad Filter Kit - Often it is necessary or desirable to balance the light intensity in one part of a scene with another. This is especially true in situations where you don't have total light control, as in bright contrasty landscapes. Exposing for the foreground will produce a washed-out, over-exposed sky while exposing for the sky will leave the foreground dark and under-exposed.
Cokin Graduated Gray ND filters are part clear, part neutral density. They allow the transition to be blended into the scene, often imperceptibly. A ND.6-to-clear, with a two stop differential, will generally compensate the average bright sky-to-foreground situation and is also the most popular density of the series.
Color Graduated filters can make a run-of-the-mill sunrise, sunset or landscape into a memorable image. This unique filter will not only add color but it does so with a subtle and extremely gradual transition between the two halves of the filter.
The Z-PRO Series is recommended for focal lengths of 20mm onwards (in the 35mm format). This filter is made of CR39 resin which is a reputable lightweight and unbreakable optical material also used for ophthalmic glasses.
Note! These filters measure 100 x 150mm (4 x 6") and fit the Cokin Z-Pro holder. This kit does NOT include any adapter rings - sold separately
Neutral Density Filters Have Four Main Uses
- To enable slow shutter speeds to be used, especially with high speed films, to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, or cars
- To decrease depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used, which helps separate subjects from their background
- To decrease the effective ISO of high speed film (above ISO 400) and allow it to be used outdoors in bright situations
- To allow cine and video cameras (which have fixed shutter speeds) to film subjects such as snow, sand or other bright scenes which could cause overexposure
The Cokin 121 Series of Filters Comes in Five Variations of Graduation
- Cokin 121 - 2 stop Graduated Neutral Density
- Cokin 121S - 3 stop Graduated Neutral Density (Soft)
- Cokin 121F - 3 stop Graduated Neutral Density (Full)
- Cokin 121L - 1.75 stop Graduated Neutral Density (Light)
- Cokin 121M - 1.75 stop Graduated Neutral Density (Medium)
Cokin Z-PRO Grad Filter Kit
- Z-Pro Filter Holder
- Z-121L Graduated G2 (ND2) Light Gray Resin Filter
- Z-123L Gradual Blue B2 Resin Filter
- Z-125L Graduated Tobacco T2 Resin Filter
- Filter Wallet