Two Extension tubes, in the same 12mm and 25mm lengths as previously available, have been redesigned to accommodate the EF-S mount lenses and its extended rear elements.
They're perfectly compatible with all previous EF and TS-E lenses, and will work with any EOS film or Digital SLR. Note that exposure compensation is often required with cameras other than the EOS-1 Series.
- Version II extension tubes are the only tubes compatible with EF-S 18-55mm lens
- White index mount is for EF-S lenses ; Red dot is for use with EF and TS-E lenses
- EF 12 II Extension Tube is especially suited for close-focusing with Wide-Angle lenses
- Extension tubes work well with telephotos to allow closer focus than normally possible
- Manual focusing is recommended, and with zoom lenses, focus after zooming is completed