The Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM
is the first true Macro lens in the EF-S series. This dynamic, compact, fast-focusing lens provides dramatic detail that goes beyond the human eye. Having an effective focal length of approximately 96mm in 35mm format, it produces life-size close-up results. With capacity to reproduce an image on the sensor that is as large as the subject itself, you take your audience inside a magnificent miniature world.
Designed specifically for digital photography, the lens has specially shaped lens elements with Super Spectra coatings to suppress ghosting and flare, which can be caused by reflections off a digital camera sensor. An exclusive optional lens hood (ET-67B) further reduces the incidence of flare.
Note: Not suitable for 35mm film SLR cameras or digital cameras with image sensor bigger than APS-C size, only fits on the EOS Digital Rebel series or 20D & 30D SLR cameras.
- Uses optics designed to take full advantage of the small image circle and short back focus in EF-S lenses
- Optimized lens coating minimizing flare and ghosting prone occurring with digital cameras
- Near-silent Ultra Sonic Motor (USM) provides super-fast precision auto-focusing with full-time manual (FT-M) override
- Circular aperture diaphragm produces a more attractive appearance to out-of-focus background areas in photos shot using the widest apertures
- Accepts both MR-14EX Macro Ring Lite and MT-24EX Macro Twin Lite flashes
Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM Lens