The EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM telephoto zoom lens has been developed to meet the high-performance standards that today's photographers demand. Improved Image Stabilizer Technology provides up to three stops of "shake" correction, and the "Mode 2" option stabilizes images while panning with a moving subject.
Compared to the original Canon EF 75-300mm IS zoom lens, this telephoto lens has faster autofocus, and overall the lens is lighter and has a smaller diameter than the original. The zoom ring can be locked at the 70mm position, making this powerful lens easy to transport too.
- UD (Ultra-Low Dispersion) glass element: less color fringing and better contrast
- Image Stabilization for sharper hand held images - up to 3 srop correction
- New: IS "Mode 2" for deliberate panning with a moving subject
- Optical Coatings optimized for digital SLR use
- Faster AF operation than previous EF 75-300 IS - new lens CPU and electronics
- Circular aperture design for natural-shaped out-of-focus highlights
- Locking zoom ring prevents lens from extending when carried on camera
- Comaptible with any Canon EOS body, film or digital