Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Autofocus Zoom Telephoto Lens (Canon Malaysia)
Characterized by its versatile zoom design, image stabilization, and relatively lightweight and compact design, the EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM is a Canon L-series lens spanning a useful portrait-length to medium telephoto range. The constant f/4 maximum aperture allows you to maintain a consistent exposure throughout the zoom range and also contributes to the sleeker form factor when compared to other 70-200mm lenses. In regard to its optical performance, this lens employs one fluorite element and two ultra-low dispersion elements, which work in concert to suppress chromatic aberrations and color fringing for notable clarity and color accuracy. A Super Spectra coating has also been applied to control flare and ghosting for improved contrast when working in harsh lighting.
Complementing the imaging capabilities, this 70-200mm f/4 also features a four-stop-effective Image Stabilizer system that minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. A ring-type USM and internal focusing mechanism also afford quick, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance, as well as full-time manual focus override. Additionally, this lens is weather-sealed for use in trying environmental conditions.
- Versatile telephoto zoom is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 112-320mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture affords consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also contributes to the relatively lightweight design and compact form factor.
- One fluorite element and two ultra-low dispersion glass elements noticeably reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for high clarity and color fidelity.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds. In addition to the single-shot standard IS mode, a second mode is also available that is optimized for panning.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with an internal focusing system, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Focus Limiter switch lets you constrain the focusing to two different ranges to suit different applications: 3.9'-infinity or 9.8'-infinity.
- Rounded eight-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions.
- Optional rotating tripod collar is available and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Compatible with optional EF 1.4X and EF 2X teleconverters.
Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Specs
||70 to 200mm
|Angle of View
||34° to 12°
|Minimum Focus Distance
||3.94' / 1.2 m
||20 Elements in 15 Groups
||Removable and Rotating (Optional)
||67 mm (Front)
|Dimensions (ø x L)
||2.99 x 6.77" / 76 x 172 mm
||26.81 oz / 760 g
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)
||10.3 x 5.5 x 5.2"
- Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Autofocus Lens
- 67mm Snap-On Lens Cap
- Lens Dust Cap E (Rear)
- ET-74 Lens Hood
- Lens Case LP1224
Login to get access to Q&A