The Benro A-358EX Tripod Legs are a professional-type full size tripod for those needing great support, speedy use, and a tall height. This isn't a tripod for doing a lot of extremely-low-height shooting or pointing towards the ground or directly underneath the tripod; it is just a very solid 4-section 'flip lock' aluminum model with enough creature comfort to make things a little more pleasant. The A-358EX's 32mm diameter upper leg segments and 20mm minimum diameter segments mean it comfortably supports heavy SLRs, medium format cameras, and large format cameras, and with a 5'2" working height' it will do so at the eye level of a 6' (183cm) tall photographer.
The A-358EX is officially rated to support 33 lbs (15kg), and Benro recommends it for any SLR with large, bright telephoto sports lenses such as a 500mm f/4.
The A-358EX's flip-lever leg locks are of the newest technology, and provide reliable and fast use with just a small motion necessary. Benro also has developed a rigid aluminum tubing that's just 1.2mm thick, which along with the extensive use of magnesium in the castings keeps the weight of this very tall tripod to a tolerable 5.4 lbs (2.44kg).
- A large professional's tripod appropriate for flagship SLR cameras with extreme telephoto lenses
- Magnesium and aluminum alloy combination
- Foam-padded upper leg segment eases handling in cold weather
- Individual leg angle locks (24, 55, & 80°)
- Reversible, anti-rotation center column with a wing-nut style lock underneath the platform
- Tripod's crown has 3 set screws to safely affix any tripod head
- Weight hook at bottom of center column helps aid stability by allowing you to place your camera bag on it for a lower center of gravity
- Spirit level and compass conveniently placed in the top of the tripod
- Simple soft rubber leg tips
- Maximum upper leg diameter of 32mm, with 20mm minimum size segments
- Includes a case with shoulder strap
Benro A-358EX Aluminum Tripod Legs