JVC GC-XA1 ADIXXION Action Camcorder (PAL) (Import)
Designed for TV and HDTV systems in Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa and South America - the JVC GC-XA1 ADIXXION Action Camcorder (PAL) is lightweight, compact, yet highly robust camcorder designed to be taken on almost any adventure you can think of. It is resistant to water for up to 5 meters deep, shockproof from heights of 2 meters, and resistant to dust and freezing temperatures. This strength and resistance all resides within a compact housing measuring little more than 9 cubic inches.
Within this sturdy shell lies a 5 megapixel CMOS sensor that is capable of recording full high definition video at 1080/25p and 720/50p as well as high resolution JPEG still images. This sensor is complemented by a fixed focus, wide angle lens with an angle of view of 170°; perfect for capturing all of the action while it is mounted to you or your vehicle of choice.
For sharing your adventure along the way, built-in Wi-Fi connectivity allows you to immediately upload and stream your video or images to sharing sites or directly to USTREAM for live feeds. This functionality also allows you to wirelessly tether the camera to your smartphone; giving you the ability to control and preview your shot directly on your mobile device. Since the camera is designed to be worn or placed on something, this remote viewing ability is particularly useful since you will seldom be looking at the 1.5" color LCD during your adventure.
The ADIXXION camcorder is the perfect accompaniment to an active lifestyle, providing you with high quality imagery from a device with extreme durability.
- HD Video and Still Image Recording
- This small camera is capable of recording both still and moving imagery in high resolution formats; up to 1080/25p or 720/50p videos and 5MP stills. The CMOS sensor provides a smooth image quality in a wide range of lighting conditions. Due to the hands-off nature of using this camera, the exposure settings are controlled automatically- providing you with worry-free operation. However, tuning of the white balance can be done automatically or manually, which allows you to adjust the overall look and feel of your recordings. In addition to straight video and still image recording, the ADIXXION also features a time lapse recording mode which can record images at intervals of 1 or 5 seconds. Video files are output as web-friendly MP4 files while still images are saved in the JPEG file format.
- Built-In Wide Angle Lens
- The built-in lens has a very wide angle of view at 170°, which lends itself perfectly to a fixed-focus design. The wide focal length assures that essentially everything in front of the camera remains in focus and provides enough room for less than critical framing; which is quite necessary since you won't be monitoring your footage live very often when using this camera. However, there is 5x digital zoom available for those times when you want to record more of what is in front of you rather than what is right next to you. Digital image stabilization has also been integrated into the camera, which keeps your images sharp and clear regardless of how bumpy your ride may be.
- Built-In Wi-Fi and Wireless Connectivity
- For increased ease of use and sharing functionality, built-in Wi-Fi support has been integrated into the camera which allows you to connect and share to a wide variety of sources and sites. Even before actually recording, you can preview and frame your shot directly on your smartphone with a free app available for iOS and Android platforms. This app permits you to view a live image on your phone from your mounted camera, perfect for adjusting the composition or white balance settings when the camera is mounted in locations you cannot easily view the LCD from. Wi-Fi support also makes it possible to stream or share images directly to a computer or mobile hotspot, which can then be easily transferred to social networking sites. If you prefer to cut out the middle step of logging footage to your computer, you can also directly stream HD video in real time to USTREAM. When working with your recorded footage on a PC, the ADIXXION embeds Wi-Video software, for the Windows operating system, directly in-camera for a fluid editing and sharing workflow with your computer.
While wireless playback and sharing is comfortably integrated into the camera, you can also transfer your files from the USB port or watch your movies and images directly on an HD television via the HDMI mini port.
- Tough and Rugged Design
- The ADIXXION camcorder features an incredibly lightweight and compact design, yet has robust styling to keep it fully functional after heavy use. The camera is waterproof up to depths of 16.4' / 5m (IEC Standard publication 529 IPX8), shockproof to heights of 6.6' / 2m (MIL-STD 810F Method 516.5-Shock), and resistant against dust (IEC Standard publication 529 IP6X) and freezing temperatures (14°F / -10°C). All of this ruggedness is also based on just the camera itself; no external housings are required. The body construction incorporates a rubberized, scratch-proof material which further adds to the solid handling of the camera. For playback and review of your videos and stills, a 1.5" / 3.8cm LCD monitor is built into the side of the camera body.
- Functionality and Utility
- Aside from the two standard tripod sockets that are integrated into the camera body, two other mounting options are also included with the camera. A goggle mount easily attaches the camera to a goggle strap, allowing you to wear the camera on your head. This positioning will simulate point-of-view style recording, allowing viewers to have a similar experience as you did during playback. Additionally, a flexible mount is also included with the camera to provide a greater range of surfaces to bind the camera to. This mount is comprised of a mini ballhead and base, with 3M double-sided tape, for mounting to the flat or curved surface of your choice. This mount is preferred for placing your camera on the roof of your car, your surfboard, or your helmet.
- PAL Recording Camcorder
- This model ADIXXION camcorder is designed for use outside of North America. It's made for countries that support the PAL color encoding system. Phase Alternating Line or PAL recording is used in several regions around the world - including: North Africa, East Africa, Western Europe, Central Asia, East Asia, Southeast Asia, South America (Brazil/Argentina), Great Britain, Australia and Oceania (South Pacific Islands). PAL camcorders usually record using 25p, 50i or 50p frames per second (fps), while NTSC camcorders usually record using 60p/60i/30p fps. North America supports NTSC recording, which means this PAL camcorder is not compatible with TVs and HDTVs in the United States and Canada
|Lens || Fixed Focus |
|Angle of View || 170° |
|Zoom || Digital: 5x |
|System || PAL |
|Recording Media || SD/SDHC/SDXC |
|Recording Time || SD |
64GB Card FHD: 9.5 hours
64GB Card HD960: 16 hours
64GB Card HD50: 10.8 hours
64GB Card HD25: 21 hours
64GB Card WVGA: 47.3 hours
|Video Format || High Definition |
1920 x 1080p / 25 fps (15Mbps)
1280 x 960p / 25 fps (9Mbps)
1280 x 720p / 50 fps (13Mbps)
1280 x 720p / 25 fps (7Mbps)
848 x 480p / 25 fps (3Mbps)
|Still Image Resolution || JPEG: 5 Megapixel |
|Audio Format || AAC |
|Display Type || LCD |
|Touchscreen || No |
|Screen Size || 1.5" |
|Image Stabilization || Digital |
|Shockproof Rating || 6.5' / 2 m |
|Waterproof Depth Rating || 16.4' / 5 m (Camera) |
|Built-in Mic || Yes |
|Built-in Speaker || Yes |
|Tripod Mount || 1/4" |
|Outputs || 1x USB Mini-A |
1x HDMI C (Mini)
|Microphone Input || No |
|Headphone Jack || No |
|System Requirements || Not Specified By Manufacturer |
|Battery || Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack Hours per Charge |
|Charging Method || USB |
|Dimensions (WxHxD) || 2.91 x 2.09 x 1.38" / 74 x 53 x 35 mm |
|Weight || 4.44 oz / 126 g |
JVC GC-XA1 ADIXXION Action Camcorder (PAL)
- BN-VH105 Rechargeable Battery
- Goggle Mount
- Flexible Mount
- 2 x Lens Protector
- USB Cable
Login to get access to Q&A