The B+W 62mm Kaesemann XS-Pro Circular Polarizer MRC Nano Filter helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. The light from the sun naturally becomes partially polarized due to reflecting off electrons in air molecules, causing the light to scatter into what appears as haze. A polarizing filter arranges, and filters, this directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of this light. This results in a noticeable reduction of glare and reflections from non-metallic surfaces and an increase in the saturation of skies and foliage.
A circular polarizer only differs from a linear polarizer in that it contains a quarter wave plane in addition to the linear polarizing filter. The addition of this quarter wave plane is to circularly polarize the linearly polarized light for the use of auto focus and exposure functions. Due to how the light is broken down and filtered with a linear polarizer, auto focus and exposure accuracy become skewed during use. When the light becomes circularly polarized, it permits the use of these functions.
Kaesemann-type filters feature greater optical efficiency than regular polarizing foils and are more neutral in color. The polarizing foils are cemented between plano-parallel optical glass layers, which are then precision-polished to achieve the most accurate plano-parallel surface. This edge sealing protects the filter layers from humidity and are ideal for use with high-speed telephoto and apochromatic lenses.
The Multi-Resistant Coating (MRC) is both an anti-reflection coating as well as a protective surface. It helps to increase light transmission by reducing reflections, scattered light, and ghosting. Additionally, it offers greater protection to the filter substrate and stays cleaner for longer than uncoated filters. The Nano coating associated with XS-Pro filters incorporates an additional 8th layer over the regular MRC and results in a better beading effect with water for greater cleaning efficiency.
B+W filters are constructed from high quality Schott glass for increased optical clarity and color fidelity. This filter features the XS-Pro Digital mount which is specifically designed for DSLR use with wide angle and zoom lenses. The filter ring is made from brass for durability as well as jamming prevention.
Note: This filter ring's outside diameter is slightly larger than the actual thread size, and because of this you may be unable to attach the lens manufacturer's bayonet-mounted lens hood to the lens while using this filter. This is dependent on your specific lens and how thick the front rim of the lens is; with thinner, low-profile lenses usually being affected more.
- Helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- Polarizing filters arrange, and filter, directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
- Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° from the sun.
- Circular polarizers are ideal for use with digital cameras and autofocus lenses where a linear polarizer will often disrupt auto exposure and focus features.
- Kaesemann polarizing foils provide highly neutral coloring and higher image quality than conventional polarizing foils.
- Multi-Resistant Coating offers both protection to the glass and helps to improve light transmission and image quality.
- Nano coating promotes a better beading effect with water for more efficient cleaning.
- Constructed from high quality Schott glass for optical clarity.
- Brass filter ring helps to prevent jamming and provides additional strength.
B+W 62mm Kaesemann XS-Pro Circular Polarizer MRC Nano Filter