The B+W 46mm Orange MRC 040M Filter can be used to increase image contrast when photographing using a film camera system with black-and-white film installed.
This filter's effect corresponds to that of a Wratten 16 filter. Wavelengths of visible light that are apparent as green, blue, and violet colors to the human eye are suppressed, while visible light associated with yellow, orange, and red colors are able to more easily pass though the B+W 46mm Orange MRC 040M Filter and into the lens it is mounted in front of. When photographing with this filter along with black-and-white film, green, blue, and violet-colored subjects within a scene are reproduced in dark shades of grey than if a filter was not used. Simultaneously, yellow, orange, and red subjects are rendered in light shades of grey.
When applied to black-and-white photography, the increased contrast provided by the B+W 46mm Orange MRC 040M Filter can result in dark skies with very defined clouds. Shades of green among foliage can be much more differentiated relative to skin tones, while the appearance of freckles and skin blemishes is reduced. Additionally, this filter can also minimize the presence of haze caused by the bluish cast of daylight.
To prevent internal ghosting and reflections, each glass surface includes eight layers of anti-reflection coating. This Multi-Resistant Coating (MRC) also offers greater protection to the filter substrate and helps it to stay clean for longer than with uncoated filters. B+W filters are constructed from Schott glass for increased optical clarity. This filter features an F-Pro brass filter ring for durability as well as jamming prevention.
- Increases image contrast when photographing using a film camera system with black-and-white film installed
- Produces dark shades of grey from green, blue, and violet-colored subjects and light shades of grey from yellow, orange, or red subjects than without a filter
- When applied to black-and-white photography, can result in dark skies with very defined clouds, green foliage that is much more differentiated relative to skin tones, while the appearance of freckles and skin blemishes is reduced; and minimizes the presence of haze caused by the bluish cast of daylight
- 0.6 density and 4x filter factor create up to a two-stop reduction of light
- Multi-coated to prevent internal ghosting and reflections
- Constructed from Schott glass for optical clarity
- F-Pro brass filter ring helps to prevent jamming and provides additional strength
- Plastic case included for storage and transport