Saw the ads in Facebook, contacted the seller (he is the mechanic of the owner), and he shared some photos and video of the car with me.
This is a rare Jensen model with original cow horn bumper. Seller wanted RM175k for it, later lowered to RM168k.
Quite a lot of things need to be done on the car.
The car has been sold just 2 days later.
1962 Volvo P1800 for sale,
Similar model as driven by Sir Roger Moore/Simon Templar in The Saint.
Car overall in good running condition,
-Has electric power steering and Air Cond
-Comes with nice number plate
-Name transfer no problem
Selling at Rm175k. Price negotiable for serious buyer. Viewing by appointment basis only. Pm’s will not be entertained. Please call or whatsapp 0️⃣1️⃣4️⃣➖9️⃣6️⃣0️⃣4️⃣3️⃣1️⃣9️⃣
The car looks good, but will need some work to make it nicer. Below are the things I saw from the above.
- Oil pressure gauge is faulty. Normally after started up, it will go to around 50.
- The fuel gauge showed E, not sure if it is really empty or is not giving the correct reading.
- Speedometer and Tachometer faulty. The water and oil temp gauge in between them is faulty as well.
- Missing the clock gauge, replaced by water temp gauge in the middle.
- Radio missing, left with rectangular hole there.
- Rear view mirror is not correct. P1800 unique rear view mirror is on the dashboard. Not below the roof.
- In the engine bay, it looks like the brake booster is missing.
- Wipers not period correct. Should be chrome type.
- Bumpers need rechrome, or get a stainless steel replacement.
- Fenders and front doors are missing the chrome bar lining. This is another unique design of the P1800.
The advertised price by the seller is RM175k, and he said can go down to RM168k. Quite high price for the car in the current condition, I tried counter offer but he said sold. Not sure what is the final closed price though.