I just bought a PC recently, not for myself but for my staff. After coming back to Malaysia, I have bought a Dell PC (few months back). This time I decided to go for DIY (I have assembled PC before, but that was many years ago).
Cost = Around RM2500, buy parts and DIY.
- Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 2.6Gz (RM425)
- Seagate 500GB Sata 3 32MB (RM185)
- Kingston 2GB x 2 (RM65 x 2)
- Intel DQ45CB Mainboard with 2 DIV output (RM350)
- Viewsonic 22″ VX2233WM monitor (built in speaker, full hd 1920 x 1080 resolution, dynamic contrast.) RM545, very worth buying.
- Logitech laser mouse (RM45)
- Logitech keyboard (RM25)
- I-Cute Casing (RM230)
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic (RM259)
- Kaspersky Internet Security (RM70)
- PK AVR (RM59)
The above system is fast…very fast indeed. You don’t need the best specs in the market, but above average is already able to give you very satisfying performance. The key is DO NOT install rubbish software, make your computer simple and install only what you are using. Install and uninstall will still slow your computer down, so do not use your working machine as a software testing machine.