Since I have both products in hand, so instead of asking others how is the speed of both (main interest in TEKQ speed), so I did a simple read and write test to the memory card.
The Buffalo MCR-A30H/U2 30 in 1 USB 2.0 High Speed Memory Card Reader Writer is among the fastest USB reader/writer in the market nowadays, so this should eliminates the bottleneck of the writing or reading speed of the memory card withhold by the card reader/writer.
- Total File = 472 Jpeg files
- Total File Size = 2.01GB or 2,164,224,000 bytes
- Computer = Fast USB port (latest PC with 3GB memory and over 250GB free hdd space
- Time measured using online stop watch, hand/human accuracy = +-2 seconds
- Read time (copy files from memory card to PC) = 108 seconds (18.61MB/s)
- Write time (copy same files from PC to memory card) = 371 seconds (5.42MB/s)