The Voigtlander Bessa R2A is an improved version of the Bessa R2 rangefinder camera, which in itself is an advancement over the original Bessa R camera. Several advancements upon the Bessa R make the R2 cameras a wonderful and affordable entry to the world or rangefinder cameras to compete with the Leica M, Konica Hexar RF & Contax G-Series cameras.
Of course, all of the original Bessa R's outstanding features are retained; an exceptionally bright viewfinder, quiet shutter & simple LED metering system. Many internal parts of the R2 are made of metal instead of plastic (as on the Bessa R), resulting in a camera which feels more solid and durable in one's hands. A major improvement over the R2 is the AE (Auto-Exposure) Aperture Priority mode, with plus/minus 2 stops compensation on AE.
The Voigtlander Bessa Series Cameras are light, unobtrusive cameras that are ideal for handheld lowlight conditions. These rangefinder cameras have a smaller distance between the film and the lens mount than SLRs, which makes for inherently sharper lenses. And above all else, they are small.
- TTL Centerweighted light metering
- Clear LED Exposure scale with red for under/overexposure and green for correct exposure
- Vertical-travel electronic metal focal plane shutter
- Exceptionally bright viewfinder with split image rangefinder patch & brightlines for 35, 50, 75 & 90mm lenses
- Superior rubberized and anodized body covering materials
- Bayonet Leica M-type lensmount accepts all 39mm screwmount lenses (with the appropriate adapter) from Canon, Leica & Voigtlander, as well as M bayonet-type lenses from Leica, Minolta & Konica
- Compatibility with the Voigtlander Trigger Winder (originally introduced with the Bessa T) for speedy, battery-free film advance
- Compatibility with dioptric correction lenses from the Nikon FM3A
|Type || 35mm camera with electronically controlled focal plane shutter and TTL metering system featuring LED display |
| Film Format || 35mm film, 24x36mm |
| Mount || M mount |
| Shutter || Electronic controlled metal focal plane shutter with vertical operation |
B, 8-1/2000 sec. (with Auto mode)
| Finder Magnification || x 0.7 |
| Frame lines || 35mm, 50mm, 75mm, 90mm |
| Focusing || Coincidence type |
| Exposure Display || LED shutter speed indication in viewfinder |
| Exposure Metering System || TTL center-weighted average metering |
| Exposure Coupling Range || EV1-19 (ISO 100, F1.4, 1 sec. - F16, 1/2000sec) |
| Flash Terminal || X synchronic contact, synchronized at 1/125sec or slower speed |
| Film Advance || By single and/or multiple ratcheting lever action |
Double exposure lock system.
Trigger winder available as optional extra.
| Film Rewind || By film rewind button and manual crank |
| Film Counter || Additive type with auto reset when opening the backdoor |
| Film Speed Range || ISO 25 -3200 by 1/3 steps |
| Power Source || Two 1.5V Alkaline batteries (LR44) or Silver oxide batteries (SR44) |
| Dimensions || 135.5(W) x 81(H) x 33.5(D) mm |
| Weight || 430g|