Near new in box. Very minor sign of use on the flash. No major scratch detected.
Tested to be working perfectly within Sony Alpha SLT-A55 DSLR.
The Sony HVL-F43AM Digital Camera Flash provides Sony Alpha camera users with many features: it extends the illumination range beyond the camera's built-in flash, offers TTL (through the lens) flash exposure that's automatically controlled by your Sony Alpha DSLR for easy and intuitive operation, has adjustable bounce angles, and it's dust- and moisture-resistant. It's ideal for portraits, weddings and special events, still-life photography, hobby shots and every-day photography. The ultra-compact design folds flat when not in use.
- Extends Flash Range Beyond Camera's Built-In Flash
- Though compact and lightweight, the HVL-F43AM has a maximum range twice that of the built-in flash units on A230, A330 and A380 cameras. This is represented as the guide number (GN) of 14.3' with a 105mm focal distance at ISO 100.
- Wireless Ratio Control for Sony Cameras
- Wireless Ratio Control makes it easy to select light emission ratios for up to three separate flash units. This allows quick creation of sophisticated multi-point lighting effects without the need for complex professional equipment.
- Variable Power
- Flash power levels are switchable in 22 increments, from 1/1 through to 1/128 level in 1/3 steps. High output power is complemented by a quick 2.9 second (approx.) recycling time. Despite the flash's extensive functions, operation is refreshingly clear and simple via the high-quality LCD screen and direction buttons.
- Easy Intuitive Operation
- Unlike most external flash units, the HVL-F43AM has no dedicated ON/OFF switch. Instead, power is automatically switched on simply by raising the flash unit into the shooting position. In addition, a switch on the side of the unit offers Indoor and Outdoor settings, making it easy to obtain flash illumination that suits the shooting situation. A charging lamp indicates when the flash is ready to fire.
- Bounce Flash Enables Shadowless Indirect Lighting
- Quick Shift Bounce system allows flash head position to be adjusted instantly when switching between horizontal and vertical compositions. This maintains consistent shadow positions regardless of camera orientation, allowing easy creation of natural-looking "bounce" effects.
- Dust- and Moisture-Resistant
- Ideal for everyday shooting and more serious applications, its dust- and moisture-resistant design makes the HVL-F43AM ideal for demanding assignments, indoors or outside.
|Type || Auto electronic flash (clip-on type) |
|Guide No. || 43 |
|Angle of Coverage || Bounce angles: Upward--150°; Left--90°; Right--90°; Down--8° |
|Vari-Power || Not specified by manufacturer |
|TTL Dedication || Yes |
|Bounce Head || Yes |
|Swivel Head || Yes |
|Zoom Head || Yes, optimized for camera sensor size |
|Off Camera Terminal || No |
|Recycle Time || 2.9 sec |
|Power Source || 4x AA-size batteries, Alkaline or Ni-MH |
|Dimensions || 3 x 5.125 x 3.5" (7.5 x 12.9 x 8.7 cm) |
|Weight || 12 oz (340 g) (without batteries) |