The new SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II VC covers the heavily-used 17-50mm focal distance range (angle of view equivalent to 26 78mm when converted to the full frame format) making it an extremely versatile, high-performance zoom lens.
Achieving sharpness and striking contrast, the lens produces beautiful images that are enhanced by the shallow depth-of-field afforded by the maximum aperture of F/2.8 and enriches the user's range of photographic expression.
The new lens is equipped with Tamron's proprietary Vibration Compensation (VC) image stabilization mechanism, which provides more opportunities for hand-held photography, such as low-lit conditions like evening, night scenes and indoors, leading to a dramatically enhanced level of photographic freedom.
- Compact Fast Zoom with VC
- Fast Constant F/2.8 Aperture
- 26-78mm equivalent* on APS-C DSLRs (*Tamron uses 1.55X as an average conversion to full frame)
- For use on APS-C size DSLR cameras
- 11.4" MFD / 1:4.8 Max. Mag. Ratio
- Internal Focusing
|Construction||14 Groups/ 19 Elements |
Diaphragm: 7 blades
|Angle of view||78° at 45' - 31° at 11', (APS-C size equivalent) |
|F stop range||2.8- 32 |
|Closest Focusing Distance||11.4in. (0.29m) |
|Maximum Magnification||1:4.8 |
|Filter Size||72mm |
|Dimensions (Length x Diameter)||94.5 x D 79.6 mm / 3.7" x 3.13" |
|Weight||20.15 oz / 570g appx.|
- Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR DI-II VC (Vibration Compensation) LD Aspherical (IF) Zoom Lens
- Flower Shaped Lens Hood
- Front and Rear Lens Caps