The Tamron 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC LD Aspherical IF Macro Lens is now equipped with a Vibration Compensation (VC) mechanism. This lens is ultra-compact and light-weight, with a constant minimum focus distance of 1.6' (0.5 m) and a high maximum magnification of 1:3. The remarkable achievements are brought about through XR (extra refractive index) glass and efficient use of aspherical lenses. The ideal "all-in-one" zoom lens, for indoor and outdoor use.
The VC mechanism, developed by Tamron, features a triaxial configuration using three pairs of driving coils and slide balls around the compensator group of the lens' optical system. Since the compensator lenses are supported with rolling friction of the balls, the response performance is enhanced and the construction is simple, which results in the compactness of the lens. As a result, dimensional increases are confined to a mere 0.7" (17.8mm) in overall length and about 5mm in diameter.
Di (Digitally Integrated) design is the designation that Tamron uses for lenses that feature the improved optical design that meets the performance characteristics of digital SLR cameras, as well as film cameras. When used with APS-C size (standard) digital SLR cameras, the lens provides an angle of view equivalent to approximately 43-465mm, covering the standard to ultra telephoto range with no sacrifice of quality or aperture range.
- The lens incorporates a highly accurate gyro sensor for detecting hand-shake, which, combined with a 32-bit RISC CPU, offers comfortable anti-vibration effects.
- The optical system uses a number of lens elements made from special optical glass materials including XR (high refraction index) glass elements, GM (glass-molded) elements, hybrid aspherical elements, LD (low dispersion) glass elements to compensate for on-axis and lateral chromatic aberrations and AD (anomalous dispersion) glass element.
- This lens features Internal Surface Coatings (i.e., multiple-layer coatings on cemented surfaces of plural elements) and new multiple-layer coating technology on ordinary elements in order to minimize reflections that occur when light enters through the front element and to reduce image degrading effects caused by the imagers themselves.
- The Zoom Lock prevents unwanted barrel movement when carrying the lens/camera combination.
- VC (Vibration Compensation) Mechanism Reduces Hand-shake
- Ultra Telephoto Capability to 465mm*
*when converted to 35mm format
- Remarkably Compact (just 15.4oz; less than 4" long)actness
- Revolutionary MFD of 19.3" (0.49m) Throughout Zoom Range Provides 1:3 Macro Magnification Ratio
- 1:3 Macro Magnification Ratio
- Zoom Lock Mechanism for Enhanced Portability
- Internal Surface Coatings Minimize Ghosting and Flare
- Ultra-High Zoom Power, yet Lightweight and Compact Design Thanks to New Mechanical Devices
|Construction||18 elements / 13 groups |
|Angle of view||75°23'- 8 °15' |
|F stop range||F/3.5-6.3 / F/22 - F/40 (28mm - 300mm) |
|Closest Focusing Distance||0.49m (19.3") (entire zoom range) |
|Maximum Magnification||1:3 at 300mm |
|Filter Size||67mm |
|Dimensions (Length x Diameter)||3.9 x 3.06 in. (99 x 78mm) |
- Tamron Zoom Wide Angle-Telephoto AF 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC LD Aspherical IF Macro Autofocus Lens
- Flower-shaped Lens Hood