The SAL-70200G 70-200mm f/2.8 APO G(D) SSM Lens is a high-quality lens that employs supersonic-wave motor (SSM) technology for quieter, smoother AF operation. This G-Series zoom lens covers a broad range of frequent telephoto shooting situations. Its 35mm-equivalent range of 105-300mm zooming, fast f/2.8 aperture and quiet, high-speed SSM (SuperSonic-Wave Motor) auto-focus precision makes it ideal for long-distance sports and wildlife photography.
With a full range of functions geared to the professional photographer, this lens provides sharp, color-free images across the entire film area at all apertures. High-quality multi-coatings increase transmittance and reduce flare to preserve contrast.
Note! AF with this lens can only be used with Sony SLR cameras, or Minolta Maxxum 7 or later models (Maxxum 5, 4, 3, etc.). The Maxxum 9 requires factory modification.
- SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor):
- A built-in lens motor for faster automatic focusing with high torque at low speed, quick start/stop response, and quiet, smooth operation.
- ED (Extra-low Dispersion) Glass:
- Four precision ED Glass lenses correct chromatic aberrations and deliver visually accurate results even at full telephoto zoom extension.
- Internal Focusing System:
- Internal lens elements move, so the overall length does not change, creating azoom lens that focuses more quickly and doesn't affect the balance of your camera.
- 2 DMF (Direct Manual Focus) Modes:
- Allow you to quickly revert to manual focus by just turning the manual focus ring of the lens.
- Versatile Focus Hold:
- Three focus hold buttons in different lens locations, plus electronic slider focus range selector switch.
|Type||G Series 70-200mm f/2.8 G Telephoto Zoom |
|Design||SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) for fast auto-focus |
|Modes||2 DMF (Direct Manual Focus) Modes |
|Elements||4 ED Glass Elements for greater visual accuracy |
Fast Internal Focusing -- lens length does not change
Versatile focus hold with 3 buttons on lens
Electronic slider focus range selector switch
|Focal Length|| |
35mm Equivalent: 70 - 200 mm
APS: 105 - 300 mm
|Angle of View|| |
35mm Equivalent: 34 deg - 12 deg 30'
APS: 23 deg - 8 deg
|Min Focus Distance||4 ft (1.2 m) |
|Aperture Maximum||f2.8 |
|Aperture Minimum||f32 |
|Maximum Magnification||0.21X |
|Lens Construction||19 elements in 16 groups with 9 aperture blades |
|Filter Diameter||77 mm |
|Lens Dimensions||3-1/2" x 7-3/4" (87 mm x 196.5 mm) |
|Lens Weight||2 lb 15.3 oz (1.34 kg)|
- Front & Rear Lens Caps
- Lens Hood
- Padded Lens Case with Strap