Sony's 50mm f/1.8 Telephoto Lens is an E-mount compatible lens, ideal for use with Sony's line of NEX-5 and NEX-7 cameras. Made from aluminum alloy, the lens is both tough and light, weighing in at around 7.25 ounces - guaranteed not to hold you back. More than being a travel-friendly lens however, this 50mm is a versatile shooter with an aperture range of f/1.8-22, a 0.16x magnification, and a minimum focusing distance of 15.3". The front filter diameter allows for the addition of 49mm filters.
Sony also gave the lens their proprietary built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization for both blur-free stills and videos. When shooting at high speeds, the linear motor and the stepping motor work quietly to achieve focus and aperture. Direct Manual Focus on the other hand allows you to go directly from autofocus to manual focus for convenient, on-the-fly shooting.
- Built-In Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- The built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization system provides around a 4-stop shutter speed advantage, making it significantly easier to achieve crisp, blur-free images and video
- Large f/1.8 Circular Aperture
- Get beautiful, softly blurred backgrounds thanks to the circular aperture of the large maximum aperture of this lens
- Smooth and Quiet High-Speed Focusing
- A linear motor used for focus drive contributes to low-noise focus operation, while a stepping motor built into the lens, technology inherited from Sony's professional camcorders, results in smooth, quiet aperture actuation ideal for recording movies
- Aluminum Alloy Body
- An elegant aluminum alloy exterior blends beautifully with the graceful design of an E-mount
- Direct Manual Focus
- Use Direct Manual Focus (DMF) to go directly to manual focusing after autofocus lock-on without having to switch modes to facilitate focus adjustments on the fly - it's perfect for portraits where depth of field may be extremely shallow
Sony SEL 50mm f/1.8 SEL50F18 OSS E-mount NEX Series Camera Lens
- Front and Rear Lens Caps
- Lens Hood