The Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM is a large aperture lens that provides a standard angle most similar to the human eye. The 30mm focal length translates to approximately 50mm in 35mm format (*).
A glass mold aspherical lens element at the rear group of the lens reduces color aberration and provides high-quality image results. From 15.7" (40 cm) minimum focusing distance to infinity, this lens creates very sharp images with high contrast, and can perform superbly in a great range of applications, including snapshots, portraiture, indoor shooting and landscape photography.
DC lenses are exclusively designed for digital SLR cameras. The image circle (rear of lens) is made to match the smaller dimensions used for the image sensor on digital cameras. As a result these lenses are also more compact and lightweight, and are better matched to digital SLR cameras.
(*) Note: Not compatible with 35mm cameras or digital cameras using full-size image sensors (e.g. Kodak DCS14n or DCS PRO SLR/n).
NOTE: HSM lenses, while able to manually focus with all Nikon F-mount cameras, will autofocus ONLY with the following cameras- F6, F5, F4s, F100, N90s, N90, N80, N75, N70, N65, D1 & D2-series, D50, D70, D100, Pronea 6i, and Pronea S (or newer camera models). With other models, HSM or AF-S lenses must be focused manually. This is the same limitation as Nikon's own AF-S lenses.
- EX lens series denotes excellence of engineering and new technology
- Correction for various types of aberration provided by two SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass element and a hybrid aspherical lenses
- Equipped with the silent, responsive and high speed Hyper Sonic Motor and provides fulltime manual focus override
- Filter Size 62mm
- f/Stop Range 1.4-16
- Minimum Focus Distance 15.7" (40 cm)
- Magnification 1:10
- Angle of View 46 Degrees
- Groups/Elements 7/7
- Length 2.3" (59mm)
- Maximum Diameter 3" (75.5mm)
- Weight 15.1 oz (430 g)