GXR Interchangeable Unit Camera System features the world's smallest and lightest digital camera with interchanegable lens capability.
The new GXR is an interchangeable unit camera system in which lenses are changed by using a slide-in mount system to attach camera units to the body. The lens, image sensor, and image processing engine are integrated into the camera units so the body itself does not contain an image sensor.
The adoption of this new system has made it possible to achieve both "pocket size for go-anywhere portability" and "the highest image quality for every photographic situation and subject."
In addition, since the image sensor is not exposed when lenses are changed, the camera's structure makes it inherently difficult for dirt and dust to get inside.
For the exterior, we utilized die cast magnesium, which has a strong track record in the GR series, and we covered the surface with a corrosion-resistant "pear-skin" coating. The end result is a body with superior levels of durability, light weight, and feel in hand.
Building on the operation control designs of the GR series and GX series, the GXR has several types of customizable buttons as wellas the new DIRECT button, which the photographer can use to see many current settings at a glance. Sophisticated shooting settings can now be made faster than ever before.
The directional pad, the three My Settings, the ADJ.lever, and the function buttons all contribute to the even greater operability achieved by the GXR.
The grip form allows the GXR to be firmly held despite its small size, and the suitably yielding rubber material on the grip surface enables the camera to feel like an integral part of the hand.
Enhanced rapid shooting capabilities help capture fleeting shutter chances
The Pre-AF function accelerates focusing speed by adjusting the focus to match subject movement.
The full press snap function shoots at a preset distance for a one-push full-press of the shutter-release button.
When shooting subjects up close, the camera automatically switches to macro mode so macro photography can now be enjoyed without having to worry about switching modes.(Auto macro setting)
Wide range of functions
Tilt indicator utilizing an acceleration sensor.
Three grid guides useful for framing images while shooting.
Image flag function to enable the quick display of specific images from among those in the camera. Up to 20 images can be flagged
New DIRECT screen enabling current settings to be displayed and changed.
- Lens, image sensor, and image processing engine comprise an integrated unit which can be changed to match the scene being photographed.
- World's smallest and lightest digital camera with interchangeable lenses
- System potential expanded through use of interchangeable units
- Body exterior is die cast magnesium which has a strong track record in the GR series, and the the surface is covered with a corrosion-resistant "pear-skin" coating. The end result is a body with superior levels of durability, light weight, and feel in hand.
- The automatic exposure modes include program shift mode, shutter priority mode, and aperture priority mode.
- Picture settings can be customized with nine setting levels for easy creation ofa diverse range of images.
- ISO 3200 facilitates shooting in low light conditions
- Enhanced rapid shooting capabilities help capture fleeting shutter chances
- High-definition 3.0-inch 920,000-dot VGA LCD picture display with 100% sRGB coverage for color reproduction, the picture display vividly reproduces image colors.