PocketWizard, just raised the bar in wireless radio technology again with the launch of the New Plus II Transceiver. Faster, smarter and easier to use, just connect the Plus II to your camera and/or flash and you are wireless-ready. The Plus II offers all the popular features of the successful PLUS Transmitter/Receiver system but that's where the similarity ends.
The PLUS II offers the latest innovation in wireless triggering for remote cameras and flash units at an amazingly affordable price. Current PocketWizard owners will also appreciate that it's compatible with all PocketWizard radios past and present; it is also part of the PocketWizard Wireless Freedom system.
The PLUS II is the first radio triggering system to offer Auto-Sensing Transceiver Technology. This technology analyzes the status of the PLUS II's miniphone jacks, camera hot shoe or the TEST button to determine which mode (Transmit or
Receive) to set itself. By default, the PLUS II is always in Receiver mode unless it senses a trigger pulse from a camera's hot shoe, then it quickly switches to a Transmitter. For shooting situations that may require the Auto-Sensing disabled, simply set the selector switch to LOCAL and the PLUS II will only receive radio signals.
Since the Plus II is a Transceiver, there's no need to worry about how many Transmitters or Receivers to bring with you on the shoot because it's all-in-one. The Plus II is so simple yet advanced; utilizing its new powerful microprocessor it will automatically trigger a camera and remote flash within 10 microseconds (1/100th of a millisecond) with its built-in Auto-Rely mode.
Photographers can remotely trigger their cameras and the camera-mounted PLUS II automatically relays the triggering signal to a remote flash. With the PLUS II's fast switching speed, there's no loss of camera shutter speed performance or triggering delays.
The Plus II also sports the fastest triggering speed in its class, at an amazing 12 fps; it can out pace the fastest D-SLR's available. The Plus II also offers PocketWizard's bullet proof, best in the biz reliable triggering with a range of up to 1600 feet away at synch speeds of 1/250 (focal) or 1/500 (Leaf shutter). Four selectable channels provide secure triggering and choosing which zone to trigger (on camera flash, remote flash or both) is as easy as sliding a switch.
The New PocketWizard Plus II offers great flexibility and ease-of-use for photographers who demand a reliable wireless solution that they can just plug it in, turn it on and shoot. In addition, the Plus II comes complete with various mounting solutions, PC-1 synch cable and batteries. A wide range of camera and flash triggering cables and adapters along with a 3-year warranty makes the PocketWizard Plus II the perfect choice for reliable wireless radio triggering.
- This is one unit only. You need TWO PocketWizard: One Transmitter + One Receiver in order to work. More like a walkie talkie.
- Specialized sync, or motor cord must be ordered separately. PC-1 Cable included.
- USA PocketWizard is using 344MHz frequency, while Europe PocketWizard is using 433Mhz frequency. Both are NOT compatible with each other.
- Auto-Sensing Transceiver Technology
- Automatically Transmits or Receives Radio Signals
- Auto Relay Mode
- Wirelessly Trigger a Remote Camera and Flash Simultaneously
- Fast Triggering Speed
- Trigger Cameras and/or Flash Units up to 12 fps
- Digital Wirelessly Radio Technology
- Four 16 Bit Digitally Coded Channels for the Best Triggering Performance
- 1600 foot range
- Reliable triggering from 1 to 1600 feet
- Sync Speeds
- 1/250 (Focal Plane) 1/500 (Leaf Shutter)
- PocketWizard Wireless Freedom System
- Compatible with all PocketWizard built-in photographic equipment
|Range||1600 feet (488 meters) |
|Code||Complex 16-bit digital coding |
|Channels||4 digitally coded ID#s (First 4 original PocketWizard Classic channels) |
|Synch Speed||Up to 1/250 (focal plane); 1/500 (leaf) |
|Triggering Speed||12 f.p.s. |
|Batteries||2AA Alkaline |
|Weight||6 oz. (with batteries) |
|Dimensions||3.6"H x 2" W x 1.4" D (antenna adds 2.2") |
|Mounting||Hot shoe and 1/4"-20 thread mount & eyelet for strap|