Pentax DA 16-45mm f/4 ED AL lens is the perfect complement to a digital Pentax SLR camera, providing the popular range of angle of view which is most associated with a standard zoom lens today.
Pentax's DA series feature a "Quick-Shift Focus System" which allows an instant switch from autofocus to manual focus with a slight twist of the focus ring. Coupled with simple, functional design, and the elimination of the aperture ring, the camera's operability is significantly improved.
The image circle in DA-series lenses is designed to perfectly match the 23.5 x 15.7mm size of the CCD image sensor used in Pentax digital SLRs, and thus will not cover the full frame of a 35mm camera. The design contributes to dramatic size and weight reduction, not to mention production costs.
Note: Use of DA lenses is NOT recommended with 35mm SLR cameras
- Equivalent to a 24-69mm lens in 35mm format
- Two aspherical lens elements and one element of ED glass
- Filter Size 67mm
- f/Stop Range 4.0-22
- Minimum Focus Distance 0.9' (0.3 m)
- Magnification 1:3.8
- Zoom/Focus Control Two-touch
- Angle of View 83 to 35° with the *istD camera
- Groups/Elements 10/13
- Length 3.6" (92mm)
- Maximum Diameter 2.8" (72mm)
- Weight 13 oz (365 g)
- One Year Pentax International Warranty