Nikon SB-900 Speedlight i-TTL Shoe Mount Flash (Guide No. 34/111.5 (ISO 100, m/ft))
Nikon Speedlight SB-900, a new external i-TTL flash unit with advanced features. The SB-900 offers a powerful guide number of 48/157.5 (ISO 200, meters/feet) and an incredible array of creative flash functions. The SB-900 is an ideal way to solve lighting challenges and extend Nikon D-SLR creativity.
The SB-900 is a high-performance Speedlight developed as the successor to the hugely successful Nikon SB-800. Practical functionality was emphasized in designing the SB-900, especially evident when used with Nikon digital SLR cameras compatible with the Nikon Creative Lighting System. It provides a wide 17-200 mm auto zoom range (expanded from the SB-800’s 24-105mm), three illumination patterns, newly designed, streamlined operation with a full-information LCD panel, and AF-Assist illumination compatible with new-generation AF sensors. The SB-900 has an improved booster circuit for high-speed recycle time. In addition, firmware can be uploaded via a Nikon digital SLR camera — a world’s first* for flash units, assuring that the SB-900 can accept technological advancements. The SB-900 serves as the new core for the Nikon Creative Lighting System when used in combination with current Nikon digital SLRs, and it supports Advanced Wireless Lighting as a master or a remote Speedlight, inviting photographers to explore the many creative possibilities.
Additional new functions include 180 degrees of left or right head swivel, a special built-in overheat protection system and automatic filter detection for unprecedented white balance correction, even in fluorescent lighting conditions. With the SB-900, users can enjoy all the benefits of the Nikon Creative Lighting System for both automation and comprehensive control, enabling endless lighting possibilities.
* The world’s first flash unit with a user-applied firmware update function via a digital SLR camera as of July 1, 2008 (according to research conducted by NIKON CORPORATION).
- Multi-step auto zoom covers wide 17-200mm zoom range (24-105mm：SB-800)
- Three illumination patterns (standard, center-weighted and even) are available to match each shooting environment
- Automatically detects Nikon FX and Nikon DX formats and selects suitable light distribution
- Improved booster circuit for high-speed recycle time: Recycle time using four AA-size batteries is almost equal to the SB-800 with five AA-size batteries
- New AF-Assist illumination covers a wide 20-105 mm focal range compatible with the new Multi-CAM3500 FX/DX AF sensor
- Firmware update via Nikon D3 and D700 is possible (world’s first*)
- Thermal Cut-out function limits the number of flashes to avoid deterioration of light emitting parts caused by continuous flash firing
- Automatically detects color filters (fluorescent or incandescent), enabling camera to control color temperature according to filter information from SB-900
- Improved switch panel for enhanced usability
- Improved GUI using a large-size LCD dot panel
- Bounce capability: tilts up to 90º, down to -7º, rotates horizontally 180º to right and left
- Advanced Wireless Lighting and versatile functions for up to three remote groups of SB-900s or other compatible Speedlight controlled through the master SB-900
- Optional Water Guard WG-AS1 (for D3), WG-AS2 (for D300), and WG-AS3 (for D700) is useful for protecting the camera's hot shoe contact when the SB-900 is mounted on these Nikon digital SLR cameras
Maha PowerEx C204W + Imedion 2400mAh AA Batteries (4pcs)
Brand new 2400mAh capacity: The highest capacity low self-discharge rechargeable AA batteries on the market! (Sanyo Eneloop is only 2000mAh)
Maha PowerEx C204W One Hour Worldwide Conditioning ChargerCompact and Light Weight: Charger Unit weighs only 115 grams!
No need to carry around another bag of luggage for your heavy charger. Unlike other models, the MH-C204W does not need an external power adapter - it has an universal power adapter built into it. The size of the MH-C204W is about the same size as a standard consumer digital camera.
Instead of carrying around transformers for each country, the MH-C204W has an integrated 100-240V 50/60Hz international power supply. Take the charger anywhere in the world and never worry about voltage!
Ultra Fast Recharging Time
Recharge 2 AA or 2 AAA batteries right around 1 hour. Recharge 4 AA / AAA batteries in about two hours.
Improvements on an already intelligent charger
When the light turns green, the batteries will be nearly 98% charged so you can get the most of the high capacity batteries. The MH-C204W has a 5th generation PowerEx microprocessor that features an unique four stage charging process:
- Rapid Charging
- Top-off charging
- Maintenance Charging
The Ramp-up jolts the batteries if needed to revive old batteries. This jolting feature is a series of carefully timed high current pulses that can activate both new and inactive batteries.
The MH-C204W is designed with an intermediate, medium current, top-off charge so that the battery will retain most of its charge.
The Maintenance Charging feature is an extremely low current pulse charging that gives the batteries a brief pulse charge periodically to ensure the batteries are charged but not overcharged.Battery Conditioning Feature: Bring dead batteries back to life!
Like a well conditioned athlete, batteries also need to be conditioned from time to time so that it can produce maximum performance in all of your equipment. Batteries that were ready for the recycle bin may be brought back to life using the conditioning feature. The conditioning feature is also an useful tool at reviving poorly performing batteries.