This Nikon 1 SB-N5 Speedlight for V1 Camera is designed for use with the Nikon V1 CX format mirror-less camera. The SB-N5 mounts to the V1's multi-accessory port and is powered by the camera--no batteries required. This convenient featherweight (2.5 oz/70 g) flash has a guide number of 27.9' (8.5 m) at ISO 100 and is i-TTL compatible. Exposure modes include Fill Flash, Front- and Rear-Curtain sync and slow-sync and flash compensation.
The effective flash range is 2 to 66 feet, depending on ISO, bounce angle, and aperture, and the head both tilts up 90° and swivels 180° to both right and left. Flash duration is 1/4000 second at full power. Electronic construction consists of Automatic Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) and series circuitry. A capture illuminator lights for six seconds using Smart Photo Selector and Motion Snapshot modes. And, yes, there is a flash-ready indicator.
- Throw Light on Your World
- When you need more light, or are looking to add a creative touch to illumination, use the new Nikon 1 Speedlight. Plug this compact i-TTL compatible flash unit into the camera's multi-accessory hot shoe. Angle the flash up, down, left or right and bounce light to precise advantage. The flash can double as a continuous light source illuminating for six seconds during both Motion Snapshot and Smart Photo Selector modes. Extra batteries not required-the camera powers the SB-N5 Speedlight.
- Flash That's Compact and Ready to Use in an Instant
- Working in an environment that's dimly lit or full of backlighting? Shed light on your subject. Make important details pop, let subjects stand apart from their backgrounds. Plug this compact i-TTL compatible flash unit into the camera's multi-accessory hot shoe and go!
- More Expression through Creative Flash Options
- Looking to put even more expression to photos with the addition of creative light variety? Play it up! Experiment and invent novel looks using the new Nikon 1 SB-N5 Speedlight and bend the light just as you like. With ease, swivel the Speedlight up, down, left or right and bounce light where and how you desire.
- Continuous Light Source Option for Long Exposure Needs
- If you're working in less than adequate light while creating a Motion Snapshot or using Smart Photo Selector, attach the Speedlight and keep everything exposed properly. The SB-N5 Speedlight steps up to serve as a continuous light source for up to six seconds.
- Shoe Mount Flash for CX Format Cameras
- GN 27.9' (8.5 m) at ISO 100
- i-TTL Compatible
- 6 Second Continuous Light + Flash
- Head Swivels and Tilts
- Powered by Camera--No Batteries Required
- For Nikon V1 Camera