- 14.2MP 13.2 x 8.8mm CMOS CX Image Sensor
- Nikon 1 Lens Mount
- 10-30mm and 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Lenses
- 3.0" LCD Display
- 60fps Burst Shooting at Full Resolution
- Electronic Viewfinder
- 1920 x 1080/60i Movie Capture
- Advanced Hybrid AF
- i-TTL Hot Shoe for Optional Speedlight
Nikon presents the new version of their mirrorless camera, the black Nikon 1 V2 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 and 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Lens Kit. Just like the previous V1, it offers versatility without the bulk and weight of a DSLR--a lightweight, interchangeable-lens digital camera.
The V2 has a new, higher-resolution 14.2MP 13.2 x 8.8mm CMOS sensor. The Advanced Hybrid Autofocus System provides both phase (73-point) and contrast-detection (135-point) autofocus for much faster focusing and shooting at up to 60 frames per second (with AF locked). Without AF locked, maximum continuous shooting speed is 15fps.
The V2 captures stills in JPEG and RAW and video in the MOV format, with H.264/MPEG-4 compression. Integrated tools include a 3.0" LCD display and a 100% view electronic viewfinder with diopter adjustments. Command and feature buttons make the V2 very easy to use.
Motion Snapshot mode captures a succession of images with just one click. The V2 has impressive low light capabilities with a wide ISO range of 160-6400. Smart Photo Selector captures 20 shots with one press of the shutter button, and then selects the five best for you.
With the optional WU-1b Wireless Adapter, you can wirelessly transfer photos to your smartphone, tablet or other compatible Wi-Fi enabled device. Use your smartphone to instantly upload images to the Internet or email them to friends, family and coworkers. Install Nikon's free Wireless Mobile Adapter Utility Android- or iOS-powered app to gain the ability to remotely control the Nikon 1 V2--see what your camera sees and fire off shots right from your smart device.
The bundled 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm (35mm equivalent: 27-81mm) f/3.5-5.6 lens is a CX-format standard 3x zoom lens. Compact (2.3 x 1.7" / 5.8 x 4.3 cm) and lightweight (4.1 oz / 116 g), the lens has Vibration Reduction (VR) to combat the effects of camera shake. Its silent stepping AF motor (STM) is ideal for shooting video. The lens' angle of view ranges from 29.4° to 77°, and its minimum focus distance is 7.87" (20 cm). It has a 40.5mm filter diameter. The 10-30mm is a versatile lens for applications ranging from wide-angle landscapes to tight portrait shots. Three aspherical lens elements ensure high image quality, even at the widest aperture settings. The 10-30mm zoom range enables excellent capture of fine detail at any focal length. Internal Focusing / IF technology enables the compact, lightweight construction, as well as a close focusing distance. A multi-layer lens coating helps reduce ghost and flare to a negligible level.
Also included is the 3.6x zoom 1 NIKKOR VR 30-110mm (35mm equivalent: 81-297mm) f/3.8-5.6 lens. This lens is ideal for isolating subjects from the background with clarity, and also has Internal Focusing (IF) to maintain a compact size--even when using the zoom. It also has Vibration Reduction (VR) to combat the effects of camera shake. Its telephoto coverage makes it great for a wide array of scene types, from sports to portraits. Enjoy superior sharpness and color correction--even at the widest aperture. Nikon's Super Integrated Coating helps reduce ghost and flare to a negligible level, and also assists in the creation of superior color balance and reproduction. ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass reduces chromatic aberration to provide improved sharpness and color correction. The angle of view ranges from 8.2° to 29.4°, the minimum focusing distance is 3.3' (1.0m), and the filter size is 40.5mm.
- CMOS Image Sensor
- The 14.2MP CMOS sensor in this compact mirrorless camera captures clear, detailed images, even in low-light situations. The sensor performs TTL exposure metering.
- Interchangeable Lenses
- The camera's Nikon 1 lens mount accepts a variety of 1 NIKKOR lenses.
- Included 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens
- CX-format standard zoom lens with 3x zoom, an f/3.5-5.6 maximum aperture range, and a 10-30mm focal length (35mm equivalent: 27-81mm). Compact (2.3 x 1.7" / 5.8 x 4.3 cm) thanks to a retractable lens barrel mechanism, and also lightweight (4.1 oz / 116 g), the lens has Vibration Reduction (VR) to combat the effects of camera shake. Its silent stepping AF motor (STM) is ideal for shooting video. The lens' angle of view ranges from 29.4° to 77°, and its minimum focus distance is 7.87" (20 cm). It has a 40.5mm filter diameter. The 10-30mm is a versatile lens for applications ranging from wide-angle landscapes to tight portrait shots. Three aspherical lens elements ensure high image quality, even at the widest aperture settings, by virtually eliminating coma and other types of lens aberration. The 10-30mm zoom range enables excellent capture of fine detail at any focal length. Internal Focusing / IF technology enables the compact, lightweight construction, as well as a close focusing distance. A multi-layer lens coating, known as Nikon's Super Integrated Coating, helps reduce ghost and flare to a negligible level.
- Included 1 NIKKOR VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Lens
- CX format lens with 3.6x zoom, an f/3.8-5.6 maximum aperture range, and a focal length of 30-110mm (35mm equivalent: 81-297mm). This lens is ideal for isolating subjects from the background with clarity, and also has Internal Focusing / IF to maintain a compact size--even when using the zoom. It also has image stabilization (VR) to combat the effects of camera shake. Its telephoto coverage makes it great for a wide array of scene types, from sports to portraits. Enjoy superior sharpness and color correction--even at the widest aperture. Your photos will be clear and sharp at any focal length. Nikon's Super Integrated Coating helps reduce ghost and flare to a negligible level, and also assists in the creation of superior color balance and reproduction. ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass reduces chromatic aberration to provide improved sharpness and color correction. The lens' angle of view ranges from 8.2° to 29.4°. The lens has a minimum focus distance of 3.3' (1.0m) and a filter size of 40.5mm.
- LCD Monitor
- Check your creativity: frame and share your creations on the large, sharp 3.0" (7.6 cm) LCD color display. The VGA screen has 921,000 dots. An anti-glare coating provides easy viewing of photos and HD movies, even outdoors in bright sunlight.
- EXPEED 3A Processor
- Processes images and video faster, enables advanced phase detection autofocus, and allows for fast data transfer rates.
- PSAM Modes Right On The Mode Dial
- Take control of your exposure mode right from the Command Dial--you won't even have to take your eye off the viewfinder. Complete creative control is yours with PSAM modes accessible right from the Mode Dial, a built-in pop-up flash with flash-ready indicator, full size i-TTL hot shoe, and comfortable camera grip.
- Enhanced Motion Snapshot
- Blend motion, stills and sound to capture the essence of a moment. With a single press of the shutter, the V2 captures a short slow-motion movie sequence plus a single defining still image, then merges those elements into a unique 10-second expression that you can easily share in .mov or .nms file formats. Even add background music to set the mood.
- Best Moment Capture Mode - Slow View
- See the world in slow motion through the viewfinder, then grab exactly the shot you want with the new Slow View. Just press the shutter button halfway, and watch live action in slow motion (up to 40 frames slowed down from 1.33 to 6.67 seconds).
- Best Moment Capture Mode - Smart Photo Selector
- Captures 20 shots with a single press of the shutter button, then selects the five best for you.
- Live Image Control
- See how an end-result photo will look before you shoot it with Live Image Control. This feature gives you a real-time preview of your image based on the current camera settings. Play with different effects, filters, exposure and depth-of-field, and see a preview of how the changes will affect your image. When you're ready, just press the shutter button and you've got precisely the shot you want.
- Extend Your Creativity: Simultaneously Capture Full HD (1080p) Movies and Photos
- Work with both high resolution photos and Full HD (1080p) movies to bring even more creative expression to life. Start recording at the touch of a button. See a moment you'd like as a still? Hit the shutter. Autofocus keeps everything in focus, even when working double duty to record movies and photograph stills. Elevate production with the addition of varied frame rates in 30/60/400/1200fps. Don't be hindered by working in just one mode - Nikon 1 flexibility gives you more. The Advanced Movie Mode lets you maintain PSAM exposure control while recording those 1080 HD videos. Track your subjects with ease, even as lighting changes. Capture stereo sound to accompany your video via the built-in stereo microphone with adjustable sensitivity. You can also add the optional external ME-1 stereo microphone with the AS-N1000 Multi Accessory Port Adapter (not included).
- Fast Continuous Shooting Speed
- With the electronic shutter, you can capture up to a fast 60fps at full-resolution. Other available speeds include 5, 15, or 30fps. Using single AF or manual focus, S Shutter-priority auto or M Manual exposure mode, a shutter speed of 1/250 sec or faster, and other settings at default values, you can shoot at up to 5fps.
- Electronic Viewfinder
- Accustomed to framing your images with a viewfinder? The Nikon 1 gives photographers the option to work with flexibility - using either the 1,440,000 dot (SVGA) electronic viewfinder (EVF) or the large high resolution, 921,000 dot (VGA) LCD panel with 100 percent coverage. See your creations rendered clearly on the high-contrast viewfinder. The camera's eye sensor allows you to toggle between EVF and LCD views by placing your eye to the EVF. A diopter adjustment is available, as well.
- Focus Modes
- Auto (AF), Auto AF-S/AF-C selection (AF-A), Single-servo AF (AF-S), Continuous-servo (AF-C), Full-time Servo (AF-F), Manual Focus (MF). Single-point contrast-detection AF uses 135 points, phase-detection AF utilizes 73 points, and Auto-area AF employs 41. Subject tracking and Face-priority AF are available.
- Shutter Release Modes
- Single-frame [S], Continuous, Mechanical, Electronic, Electronic [Hi], Self-timer, Delayed remote (2 sec), Quick Response Remote, Interval Timer Shooting.
- Wi-Fi Capability
- Connect the optional WU-1b Wireless Adapter to your camera to wirelessly transfer photos to your smartphone, tablet or other compatible Wi-Fi enabled device. Using your device, you can instantly upload images to the web or email them to friends, family and colleagues. Nikon's free Wireless Mobile Adapter Utility Android- or iOS-powered app gives you the power to remotely control the camera from your device.
- Optional GPS
- The GP-N100 GPS unit is available separately, allowing you to add location data to photos.
- PictBridge Compatible
- Print directly from your camera without a computer.
- Tripod Mount
- A 1/4" mount enables you to attach your camera to a tripod for stability.
- Supported Languages
- Arabic, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional) , Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (European and Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
|Type ||Advanced Camera with Interchangeable Lenses |
|Lens Mount ||Nikon 1 mount |
|Lens VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 ||Focal Length: 10-30mm |
Zoom Ratio: 3x
Aperture Max: f/3.5 / Aperture Min: f/16
AOV max: 77° / AOV min: 29°40"
Minimum Focus Distance: 0.66' (0.2m)
Filter size: 40.5mm
Dimension (DxL): 2.3 x 1.7" (57.5 x 42mm)
Weight: 4.1 oz. (115g)
|Picture Angle ||Approx. 2.7x lens focal length (Nikon CX format) |
|Effective Pixels ||14.2 million |
|Sensor Size ||13.2mm x 8.8mm |
|Image Sensor Format ||CX |
|Image Sensor Type ||CMOS |
|Total Pixels ||15.13 million |
|Dust-reduction system ||Image sensor cleaning |
|Image Area (pixels) ||Still Images (3:2 aspect ratio) |
4,608 x 3,072
3,456 x 2,304
2,304 x 1,536
Smart Photo Selector (3:2 aspect ratio)
4,608 x 3,072
3,456 x 2,304
2,304 x 1,536
Movie Mode (16:9 aspect ratio)
4,606 x 3,072 (1080/60i, 1080/30p)
1,280 x 856 (720/60p, 720/30p)
Motion Snapshot (16:9 aspect ratio)
4,608 x 2,592
|File Format ||Compressed 12-bit NEF (RAW) |
JPEG: JPEG-Baseline compliant with fine (approx 1:4), normal (approx 1:8), or basic (approx 1:16) compression
NEF (RAW) + JPEG: Single photograph recorded in both NEF (RAW) and JPEG formats
|Picture Control ||Standard |
Selected Picture Control can be modified
|Storage Media ||SD |
|Card Slot ||1 Secure Digital (SD) |
|File System ||Compliant with DCF (Design Rule for Camera File System) 2.0 |
DPOF (Digital Print Order Format)
EXIF 2.3 (Exchangeable Image File Format for Digital Still Cameras)
|Viewfinder ||EVF (electronic viewfinder), 0.47-in., approx. 1440k-dot color TFT LCD viewfinder with diopter control and brightness adjustment |
|Viewfinder Frame Coverage ||100% Approx. |
|Viewfinder Diopter Adjustment ||-3 to +2 m |
|Lens Aperture ||Electronically controlled |
|Eye Sensor ||Camera switches to viewfinder display when it detects that viewfinder is in use |
|Shutter type ||Electronically-controlled vertical-travel focal plane mechanical shutter; electronic shutter |
|Fastest Shutter Speed ||Electronic Shutter: 1/16,000 sec. |
Mechanical Shutter: 1/4,000 sec.
|Slowest Shutter Speed ||30 sec. with either Electronic or Mechanical Shutter |
|Flash Sync Speed ||Electronic shutter: 1/60 sec. |
Mechanical shutter: 1/250 sec.
|Bulb Shutter Setting ||Yes |
|Shutter Release Modes ||Single-frame [S] mode |
Quick Response Remote
Interval Timer Shooting
|Frame Advance Rate ||Electronic [Hi]: Approx. 5, 15, 30, or 60 fps |
Other modes: Up to 5 fps (single AF or manual focus, S Shutter- priority auto or M Manual exposure mode, shutter speed 1/250 sec or faster, and other settings at default values)
|Top Continuous Shooting Speed Full Res ||5 frames per second 10, 15, 30 or 60 fps using Electronic (Hi) shutter |
|Self-timer ||2, 10 sec. Timer duration electronically controlled |
|Remote Control Modes ||Delayed remote (2 sec) |
|Exposure Metering System ||TTL metering using image sensor |
|Metering Method ||Matrix |
Center-weighted: Meters 4.5mm circle in center of frame
Spot: Meters 2mm circle centered on select focus area
|Exposure Modes ||Programmed Auto with flexible Program (P) |
Shutter-Priority Auto (S)
Aperture-Priority Auto (A)
Scene Auto Selector
|Scene Modes ||Portrait |
|Shooting Modes ||Still Image (3:2) |
Smart Photo Selector (3:2)
Movie (HD 16:9) Movie Slow Motion (8:3)
Motion Snapshot (16:9)
|Exposure Compensation ||±3 EV in increments of 1/3EV |
|Exposure Lock ||Luminosity locked at detected value with AE-L/AF-L button |
|ISO Sensitivity ||160-6400 |
|Active D-Lighting ||On |
|Autofocus System ||Hybrid autofocus (phase detection/contrast-detect AF) |
|AF-area mode ||Single-point AF: 135 focus areas |
Auto-area AF: 41 focus areas
|Focus Lock ||Focus is locked by pressing AE-L/AF-L button or lightly pressing shutter release button in (S) AF |
|Focus Modes ||Auto (AF) |
Auto AF-S/AF-C selection (AF-A)
Single-servo AF (AF-S)
Full-time Servo (AF-F)
Manual Focus (MF)
|Built-in Flash ||Yes |
|Guide Number ||5/16 (m/ft ISO 100, 20°C/68°F) Approx. |
At ISO 160, Guide Number is approx. (6.3/20.7)
|Flash Control ||i-TTL flash control using image sensor available |
|Flash Mode ||Fill-flash |
Slow sync with red-eye reduction
Rear curtain with sync
Rear curtain with slow sync
|Flash Compensation ||-3 to +1 EV in increments of 1/3 EV |
|Flash-ready indicator ||Lights when built-in flash unit is fully charged |
|Accessory Shoe ||Yes |
|Nikon Creative Lighting System (CLS) ||i-TTL flash control using image sensor available with optional SB-N5 flash unit or SB-N7 flash unit |
|White Balance ||Auto |
All except preset manual with fine tuning
|Movie Metering ||TTL exposure metering using main image sensor |
|Movie Metering method ||Matrix |
Center-weighted: Meters 4.5mm circle in center of frame
Spot: Meters 2mm circle centered on select focus area
|Movie File Format ||MOV |
|Movie Video Compression ||H.264/MPEG-4 Advanced Video Coding |
|Movie Audio recording format ||AAC |
|Movie Audio recording device ||Built-in stereo microphone; sensitivity adjustable |
Optional external ME-1 stereo microphone (with the AS-N1000 Multi Accessory Port Adapter)
|Movie ||HD: 1920 X 1080/60i |
HD: 1920 X 1080/30p
HD: 1280 x 720/60p
Motion Snapshot: 1920x1080/60p (plays at 24p)
Audio file format: ACC
Movie file format: MOV
|Monitor Size ||3.0 in. diagonal |
|Monitor Resolution ||921,000 Dots |
|Monitor Type ||TFT-LCD with brightness adjustment |
|Interface ||USB: Hi-speed USB |
HDMI output: Type C mini-pin HDMI connector
Multi accessory port used for designated accessories
Audio input: Stereo mini-pin jack (3.5mm diameter)
|GPS ||Optional GP-N100 GPS unit |
|Supported Languages ||Arabic |
Chinese (Simplified and Traditional)
Portuguese (European and Brazilian)
|Date and Time Settings ||Yes |
|World Time Setting ||Yes |
|Battery ||EN-EL21 Lithium-ion Battery |
|Battery Life (shots per charge) ||310 shots (CIPA) |
|AC Adapter ||EH-5b AC Adapter |
Requires EP-5D Power Supply Connector
|Tripod Socket ||1/4" |
|Operating Environment ||32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C) |
|Dimensions (WxHxD) ||4.2 x 3.2 x 1.8" (107.8 x 81.6 x 45.9mm) |
|Weight ||9.8 oz (278g)|
Nikon Nikon 1 V2 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 and 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Lens Kit (White)
- 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens
- 1 NIKKOR VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Lens
- EN-EL21 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- MH-28 Battery Charger
- UC-E19 USB Cable
- BS-N3000 Multi Accessory Port Cover
- BS-N1000 Multi Accessory Port Cover
- BF-N1000 Body Cap
- AN-N1000 Strap
- ViewNX 2 Software
- Short Movie Creator CD
- User's Manual
- Reference Manual CD