Nikon eyepiece NOT Included.
With a host of great improvements upon an already-beloved scope (the Fieldscope 82 ED), the Nikon Fieldscope 85mm EDG is a streamlined, cutting-edge spotting scope for the most demanding of birders, hunters, and nature enthusiasts. It is a scope that can accompany you upon most all-day hikes without weighing you down, and provides incredible images for observing and/or capturing with digital cameras through any lighting condition.
In creating the straight viewing 85mm EDG, Nikon employed all of the optical improvements found in the incredible EDG binoculars. As great as the Fieldscope 82 ED was, and remains, the EDG is indeed that bit brighter, whiter, and of higher edge contrast when compared directly. Additionally, Nikon was able to produce these advantages even when employing a smaller, lighter roof prism; indeed, this is the first birder's super-premium scope employing a roof prism.
The Fieldscope 85mm EDG is produced in both a straight and an angled viewing version, and which you choose should depend upon your observing tendencies. Most would agree that using a straight scope makes it harder to initially locate subjects, and assuredly straight scopes are better for use in elevated positions. It is also shorter in both length and height as well. The main drawback to the straight viewing design is solely the difficulty in sharing the view amongst a group of observers of varied heights.
- Nikon's Exclusive and Legendary ED (Extra-low Dispersion) Glass Lenses delivers superior sharpness and color correction for unmatched detail resolution.
- Dielectric High-Reflective Multilayer Prism Coating delivers uncompromised low-light performance.
- 85mm Objective Lenses delivers an expansive field of view so you can catch more of the action.
- Multiple layers of anti-reflective compounds on every glass surface for bright, vivid sight pictures.
- Carefully cut and polished glass is coated in multiple layers of anti-reflective compounds for bright resolution and brilliant color.
- Sliding Sunshade and Vue-Thru Case protects your investment in any situation.
- Waterproof/Fogproof: Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed
|Objective Diameter||85mm |
|Close Focus Distance||16.4 ft. |
|Dimensions (Body only)||L 14.9" x W 4.0" (379mm x 102mm) |
|Weight (Body only)||71.6 oz. (2030gm)|