Nikon's CoolPix S5100 Digital Point and Shoot Camera (Black) starts with a razor-sharp 5x 28-140 (35mm equivalent) glass zoom lens, adds a 4-way VR image stabilization system and a 12.2 megapixel sensor plus a ton of other great features, and--voila!--a super little (less than 1" thick) point and shoot camera can be yours. You can also shift from stills to 720p HD video in a snap with the S5100's one-touch video recording.
Using a combination of lens-shift vibration reduction (VR); motion detection that automatically adjusts shutter speed and ISO to produce sharp pictures of moving subjects; high ISO up to 3200; and Best Shot Selector (BSS)--a Nikon feature that automatically takes up to 10 photos when the shutter is pressed and selects and saves the sharpest one--the S5100 helps you make the sharpest pictures ever.
Features like Smile Timer, In-Camera Red-Eye Fix, Face-Priority AF, Skin Softening, and Blink Proof will give you superb portraits time after time--automatically. There are 18 scene modes, including Scene Auto Selector, which recognizes the type of scene you're shooting and selects the absolute best settings for that scene. And with Macro mode, you can shoot subjects as close as 0.8" from the lens.
5x Wide-Angle Optical Zoom-NIKKOR Glass Lens
- • Versatile 5.0-25.0mm (28-140mm equivalent in 35mm) lens ranges wide to capture landscapes, zooms in to get close to the action. In the NIKKOR tradition of precision optics, the high-quality glass lens delivers superb color and razor-sharp results.
4-Way VR Image Stabilization System
- • Optical VR Image Stabilization by lens shift minimizes the effects of camera shake.
- • Motion Detection automatically detects moving subjects and adjusts shutter speed and ISO to compensate for camera shake and subject movement.
- • High ISO up to 3200 for optimum results when shooting in low light or photographing fast-moving subjects.
- • Nikon's Best Shot Selector (BSS) automatically takes up to ten shots while the shutter is pressed, then selects and saves the sharpest image.
- • Improved levels of image quality, fine detail and processing speed are provided by EXPEED C2. Custom optimized for each COOLPIX model, Nikon's renowned digital image processing engine ensures outstanding images.
2.7-inch Touch Clear Color Display
- • High resolution (230,000-dot) display for still images and HD movies that come alive with rich detail and improved contrast.
- • ISO can be set up to 3200.
- • In camera Picture Editing includes Quick Retouch, D-Lighting and more.
- • Color Options include Standard, Vivid, B/W, Sepia, Cyanotype.
- • Subject Tracking will track a moving subject to ensure sharp focus.
HD Movie Recording
- • Record HD (720p) movies, with one touch control button.
- • Smile Timer automatically releases the shutter when your subject smiles.
- • In-Camera Red-Eye Fix automatically fixes most instances of red-eye as you shoot. You may never see red-eye again.
- • Face-Priority AF Nikon's face-finding technology automatically focuses on up to 12 faces.
- • Skin Softening smoothes skin tones at three different levels for optimal portraits; can be applied while shooting or during playback.
- • Blink Proof automatically takes two sequential shots and saves the one with eyes open.
- • 18 scene modes
- • Scene Auto Selector automatically recognizes the scene you're shooting and selects the most appropriate scene mode; offers six scene modes plus auto.
- • Macro shooting as close as 0.8 inches.
- • 200 shots (approx.) with supplied EN-EL10 Li-ion rechargeable battery.
- Nikon CoolPix S5100 Digital Point and Shoot Camera
- AN-CP19 Strap
- EN-EL12 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery (3.7V, 1050mAh)
- UC-E6 USB Cable
- EG-CP14 A/V Cable
- Software Suite CD-ROM