The AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G IF-ED is another high-quality zoom lens option customized for digital cameras, part of the new DX Nikkor series. Designed specifically for use with Nikon D1/D2-series and D100 digital SLR cameras, it features wideangle zoom capability, ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass and Nikon's exclusive built-in SWM (Silent Wave Motor).
The lens is targeted at professional and advanced amateur Nikon D-SLR users who demand both the advantages of high optical performance and wideangle focal zoom range.
This G-type Nikkor lens is designed with no aperture rings, and offers easier, virtually mistake-free operation because the aperture does not need to be set to minimum. Equivalent focal length in 35mm is 25.5-85.5mm.
Note: AF-S feature is not supported by certain camera models. Please see here for a list of compatible models.
Note: Use of DX lenses are NOT recommended with 35mm or APS SLR cameras
- Fast, ultra-wideangle zoom lens with Silent Wave Motor
- Three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements minimize chromatic aberration, provide higher resolution and superior contrast
- Three aspherical lens elements minimize distortion, especially at the periphery, for superior optical performance
- "SWM" (Silent Wave Motor) for swift autofocusing with superior accuracy and ultra-quiet operation
- The rounded diaphragm opening (7 blades) makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural
- M/A mode allows rapid switching between autofocus and manual even during AF servo operation, with virtually no time lag
- Internal Focusing (IF) design for smoother focusing and great body balance