Designed specifically for use with Nikon D1/D2-series, D70 and D100 digital SLR cameras, this 10.5mm lens provides digital SLR camera users an extreme picture angle, equivalent to that of a 16mm fisheye lens on a 35mm  format camera.
The lens is targeted at Nikon DX Format digital SLR camera users who seek the unique visual effects a full-frame fisheye lens lends to landscape and other shots, to taking close-ups, or when shooting within vehicles or other tight interiors.
Optical and close-range focusing performance are both optimized for Nikon DX Format digital SLR cameras. The ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element minimizes chromatic aberration for clear, natural colors, and the rounded seven-blade diaphragm opening ensures a natural look to out-of-focus elements.
This G-type Nikkor lens is designed with no aperture rings, and offers easier, virtually mistake-free operation because the aperture does not need to be set to minimum.
Note: Use of DX lenses are NOT recommended with 35mm or APS SLR cameras
- Fast, ultra-wideangle full-frame lens
- One ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element minimizes chromatic aberration, provides higher resolution and superior contrast
- Delivers high-performance focus at extremely close range; a minimum focus distance of 5.5" (14 cm) -- only 1.2" (3 cm) from the lens front
- The rounded diaphragm opening (7 blades) makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural
- Fixed flower-shape barrel-type hood greatly reduces stray light
- Filter Size Rear gelatin filter slot
- f/Stop Range 2.8-22
- Minimum Focus Distance 5.5" (14 cm)
- Magnification 1:5
- Zoom/Focus Control Not applicable
- Angle of View 180 Degrees (with D1/D2-series & D100)
- Groups/Elements 7/10
- Tripod Collar No
- Length 2.5" (63mm)
- Maximum Diameter 2.5" (63mm)
- Weight 10.8 oz (306 g)