The Metz mecablitz 58 AF-2 TTL Shoe Mount Flash for Canon DSLR is the premier Metz shoe mount flash designed to be compatible with all digital Canon SLR cameras. To better facilitate compatibility with current and future cameras, this flash features a built-in USB port that allows for future firmware updates via the internet. Advanced features include a secondary reflector with 3 light output ratios, built-in reflector card for soft light, a permanent "modeling" light for checking the photo, and a high quality metal base that allows quick and easy attachment to the camera.
The 58 AF-2 is designed to fully support a Canon digital SLR camera's TTL system. Both E-TTL/E-TTL-II flash mode and E-TTL remote mode (master, servo and slave mode) are possible. It can be operated as a TTL slave unit that can be controlled by the camera's own built-in commander mode or as a manufacturer's flash with master capabilities.
The flash also features an auto zoom head from 24-105mm that can be set to match the camera's sensor, a full bounce and swivel head (with a fully swiveling reflector system which also contains a flip-out reflector card and a diffuser), a built-in wide angle diffuser for 12mm coverage, and in addition, full manual control with 12 variable power output levels. If the camera has a built-in flash, the mecablitz 58 AF-2 can also be employed wirelessly in the system, even in servo mode.
Note! All features are dependent on camera's functionality
- Fully compatible with current and future digital Canon cameras, updatable via USB port
- High-speed flash synchronization allows flash to be used with any shutter speed (only with appropriate camera bodies)
- Wireless full TTL triggering via a camera or flash with commander/master mode
- Secondary reflector with 3 output ratios
- Autozooming head can cover from 24 to 105mm, and 18mm when used with the included wide-angle diffuser
- 1st & 2nd curtain synchronization is available
- A metal base with quick lock provides rapid set-up