With a full range of professional features and the innovative NeoTec rapid opening and closing mechanism, the 458B is geared for the professional photographer on location. The Manfrotto 458B features the innovative NeoTec rapid opening and closing mechanism. The legs open up by simply pulling down on each one, and automatically lock into any position, with no screws, knobs or levers to tighten. By pressing the release button at the top of the legs the legs can be collapsed again fully, or locked at any intermediate point for perfect positioning. And this innovative mechanism exerts more locking power the heavier the weight pushing down on it from above.
Other professional features include improved minimum-maximum height range, two section center column for low angle work and four leg angle positions.
- NeoTec rapid opening and closing mechanism
- Four leg angle settings (25°, 43°, 73° & 90°)
- Two-part center column allows for low angle use without having to remove the camera or reverse the column
- Top casting allows for horizontal use of the center column, for macro or unusual angles
- Carrying strap can be used to support a counterweight
The Manfrotto 324RC2 Joystick Head is constructed of Adapto, an ultra-durable and lightweight technopolymer, optimized for compactness and transportability with a high load capacity and reduced weight. The joystick design offers a uniquely ergonomic way of quickly unlocking, moving and blocking your camera. You can frame and reposition the head freely and frequently to get the perfect photo: grip the head to move the camera and as soon as you release, it locks securely in place.
The Joystick Head has a single locking lever, making control of all movements fast. The head features 360° panoramic rotation, -19°/ +90° lateral, and -90°/ +90° front tilt. Cameras are attached to the ball head with the 200PL-14 Plate with 1/4'' male threads. The head to tripod attachment has 3/8'' female threads. This 0.95 lbs (0.43kg) lightweight head has a 7.7 lbs (3.5kg) load capacity.
- Friction control permits fine framing adjustment and improved camera safety
- Stainless steel ball made using a "deep drawing" process which produces a strong, thin-walled, hollow sphere, reducing weight and increasing locking power
- Ergonomic design guarantees comfort and precision