With a full range of professional features and the innovative NeoTec rapid opening and closing mechanism, the 458B is geared for the professional photographer on location. The Manfrotto 458B features the innovative NeoTec rapid opening and closing mechanism. The legs open up by simply pulling down on each one, and automatically lock into any position, with no screws, knobs or levers to tighten. By pressing the release button at the top of the legs the legs can be collapsed again fully, or locked at any intermediate point for perfect positioning. And this innovative mechanism exerts more locking power the heavier the weight pushing down on it from above.
Other professional features include improved minimum-maximum height range, two section center column for low angle work and four leg angle positions.
- NeoTec rapid opening and closing mechanism
- Four leg angle settings (25°, 43°, 73° & 90°)
- Two-part center column allows for low angle use without having to remove the camera or reverse the column
- Top casting allows for horizontal use of the center column, for macro or unusual angles
- Carrying strap can be used to support a counterweight
The Manfrotto MH293D3-Q2 3-Way Photo Head with Foldable Handles is fabricated from a lightweight polymer called Adapto that offers great strength and functionality without the weight of metal. A unique mechanism allows you to fold the handles parallel to the tripod for tighter, more convenient packing. The head boasts 360 degree panning, +90° / -30° tilting and three bubble levels for accurate framing. It has a quick release and camera plate with a 1/4"-20 mounting screw.