The Leica 75mm f/2.0 APO Summicron M Aspherical lens is a fast high-performance lens that is also extremely compact.
With its more natural perspective compared to a 90mm focal length, it is ideally suited for many applications including reportage and portraits - particularly in smaller rooms. Its small dimensions result in not only outstanding handling but also a Leica M viewfinder image that is almost completely free of shadowing, thus allowing totally undisturbed viewing of the subject.
This lens has been updated with the "6-bit" coding, which allows the digital M camera to read this information optically and to identify which lens is being used. The camera can then (optionally) apply a "final stage" software based vignetting correction (for RAW images the lens used is simply recorded, no change is made).
- Optical improvements include: an aspherical surface, glass with anomalous partial dispersion and a high refractive index, a floating element including a brand new, high-precision adjusting mechanism, lens coating, and sophisticated measures to reduce internal reflection
- Floating element maintains the outstanding imaging performance even at the minimum range of 2.3' (0.7 m)
- Built-in lens hood can be locked in its extended position to prevent it from accidentally being pushed back in
- Includes "6-bit code" which allows the digital M8 camera to identify which lens is being used, and also to store this information in image metadata
Minimum Focus Distance
2.3' (0.7 m)
Angle of View
15.2 oz (430 g)
- Lens Caps, Soft Leather Lens Case, Built-In Lens Hood