The Summarit-M lenses are designed to offer traditional Leica optical and mechanical excellence while positioned at a price level below the current M ASPH lenses. The aim of these lenses is to bring classic Leica quality and performance to a broader market of users.
The Summarit-M maximum aperture of f/2.5 and the concentration on classical and proven spherical lens designs leads to very compact, but high performance lenses with excellent quality expected from a Leica lens.
The Summarit-M lenses will see the reemergence of traditional Leica elements. All letter and number engravings will be made using the traditional "Leitz-Norm" font as originally used by Leitz Wetzlar during the 1960's and the red button onthe lens mount will be true to the original color used on lenses produced since the introduction of the M mount through the 1970's.
- All Summarit-M lenses are designed, manufactured and marked "Made in Germany"
- Highest optical and mechanical performance with the classic Leica look and feel
- Superb price/performance that reach new markets and customer segments
- Compact lenses in the Leica tradition
- Lenses include metal front cap, rear cap and cloth pouch
- High quality, full metal lens hoods are available as optional accessories
Leica 50mm f/2.5 Summarit-M Manual Focus Lens (Black)
- Metal Front Cap
- Rear Cap
- Soft Lens Case