The Black Widow Heavy Duty Mark 2 is our newest addition to the BWG series. Taking the best elements from our original BWG-HD and adding several refinements from our customer requests, we have been able to:
- Seriously shed some weight! New BWG-HD2 is only 2lbs 11oz. More than 1/2lb lighter than before.
- Seriously stiffer! We have shortened several key design elements to reduce flex, and increased the stiffness of the horizontal mount arm. The overall experience is much tighter when utilizing larger lenses.
- Seriously SMOOTH! We have implemented a ball bearing system similar to our BWG-Pro to offer unparalleled smoothness in the tilt axis. Even with a large load of camera and lens, there is virtually zero friction.
- This new head also uses new rubberized knobs, which are comfortable and easy on the hands.
- Powdercoat finish on the main body and black anodizing on all the aluminum parts makes for long term weatherability and durability.
We have finally been able to offer a lower price point as well, retailing for around $499USD/$CAD.
- Suitable for lenses and cameras weighing up to 12lbs.
- A stiff tripod recommended for up to 25lbs of load. 3/8"-16 mounting stud required.
- A Jobu Design lensplate (or other compatible Arca-Swiss style plate) for your lens.
- A lens with a rotating tripod collar. (Short lenses, or wide angles require the W.A.A. wide angle adapter, see Special Mounts)