Compared to the B&W Light Red filter (090), this B&W 49mm 090 Dark Red Glass filter darkens the reds near the yellow tones in the spectrum, as its transparency only begins in the orange-red region. It produces dramatic effects and extreme tonal separation for graphic effects.
- Stronger than an 090 Light Red (25)
- Clouds are dramatically improved almost to the mood of a thunderstorm; Darkens blue sky creating dramatic contrast between sky and clouds
- Use with Polarizer for dramatic black and white effects
- It is more effective in cutting through haze, and moonlight effects are easily accomplished; Creates greater contrast between foliage and flowers
- Used in scientific photography
- Excellent copying filter for blueprints